Do You Prefer Brown Eyes Or Blue?

Pepe'

My wife has brown, one daughter has blue and the second brown.

If you're talking about Thais then I am fairly sure that it is not in their genetic make-up to have anything other than various shades of brown - anything else would be contacts and look weird.

(How about Elizabeth Taylor's violet colour?)

asian girls cant have blue or green eyes, unless there mongols mixed with russian blood, but its really impossible for a true 100% asian from asia to have different colored eyes unless there mixed with farang blood or wears contacts. Its a myth.

Because of the genetic process blue eyes are very rare in Asians, but over the years I've met a few ladies with blue, green and even grey eyes. The impact this can make is quite striking and in one case, simply breathtaking.

Memories...... :o

Regards

depending on her mood, my wife's eyes change between the three, very stunning. If we are going to talk about pure physical attractions, eyes for me (prefereably blue) are the make or break. Other physical aspects are a secondary considerations.

As for brown eyes, I choose not to moon passers by in Thailand these days. Boom boom. (It is Friday guys, and I'm off on holidays...).

having green eyes myself, i prefer blue or green. but then again, it isnt all that important to me. i prefer someone with a kind heart, and then all the rest just comes together.

---------------------

"From your lips to God's ear"... :o

Sort of reminds me of the first verse of a hit song of many years ago by Crystal Gayle (which may help explain if you ever see a blue eyed Thai girl ) ?? :o

Don't know when I've been so blue

Don't know what's come over you

You've found someone new

And don't it make my brown eyes blue

Edited by jetjock

There are two places I know of in Thailand where there are significant numbers of Thais with blue eyes. By that I mean if you stay there for any length of time you will soon loose count of how many Thais with blue eyes you see.

Sriracha and Phitsanaluk.

Why these two places have so many blue eyed Thais I don't know.

When I say blue I mean real blue. I once asked a guy working on a market stall in Phitsanaluk if one of his parents or grandparents where western, his eyes where sky blue, startlingly so. Since he was an old guy in his 50s it was clear he wasn't wearing colored contacts.

In Sriracha I once spoke to a woman sitting on the next table in English, as a Thai speaker I never speak to Thais in English, I was convinced she was a Westerner, again her eyes where pale blue. She again explained she has no western ancestry, but she also added I was one of many who make the same mistake.

It's not about the colour of the eyes, it's about the promise they hold.

The colour's not important, it's the way they're used. The most beautiful eyes are the ones that smile, like the old Irish song.

asian girls cant have blue or green eyes, unless there mongols mixed with russian blood, but its really impossible for a true 100% asian from asia to have different colored eyes unless there mixed with farang blood or wears contacts. Its a myth.

Mongolian or Russian - make your mind up.

I don't like to disagree with Guesthouse (he is far better at putting a point accross than I am), and if he said that he has seen Thais with blue eyes, then I believe him.

Wouldn't they have been enthused with a bit of foreign blood somewhere along the way, though? Perhaps a few traders from The Middle East past that way, a dozen or so centuries ago?

having green eyes myself, i prefer blue or green. but then again, it isnt all that important to me. i prefer someone with a kind heart, and then all the rest just comes together.

Well said, - thanks for the reality check Donna. As my job involved public presentations and counselling, my very blue eyes came in useful to hold people's attention. I have done some English teaching here, and its fascinating to watch the reaction of little kids from some remoter parts, who have probably never seen a blue eyed person before. I was once visiting a village, where we had stopped working, for lunch. Sitting by a tree with 50 or so kids and adults gathered around -staring at us, I had the feeling that if I went to sleep one of them would quite like to pluck an eye out fora closer look.

Em.. yes they can, blue eyes can be caused by a recessive gene in any individual, however it is exceptionally rare since the preponderance of brown eye encoding in an Asian. The gene exists within the genome.

Regards

PS Am I alone in finding this post edging into the offensive?

/edit add PS //

Edited by A_Traveller

Why is it edging into the offensive, it seems to be chugging along without sledging for a change.

Been chatting with a doc friend here and she did say that blue/green/gray eyes are not a natural colour here. You will find that it is either a genetic 'fault' or having had non-Asian ancestry along the line.

One thing one sees often, however, are light-ish eyes . . . the result of an onset of cataracts

Why is it edging into the offensive, it seems to be chugging along without sledging for a change.

Been chatting with a doc friend here and she did say that blue/green/gray eyes are not a natural colour here. You will find that it is either a genetic 'fault' or having had non-Asian ancestry along the line.

One thing one sees often, however, are light-ish eyes . . . the result of an onset of cataracts

I find it puzzeling that a clinician would use the term 'fault' since that is clinically incorrect, the actions of recessive genes are well understood after all.

Whilst rare as I said before it is entirely possible for an Asian to have blue eyes, without resorting to suggestion of non-Asian ancestry. <sigh>

Since I've no idea what you are saying in your first line I'll refrain from comment.

Regards

As a mere observer in this clinical discussion, when I think about eye colour, I notice that where I live, which has been historically a disputed zone between Slavic and Germanic peoples, on the Polish side there's a lot of blondes with brown eyes and on the German side a lot of brunettes with blue eyes. Anything's possible with racial mixes.