Pregnant woman knocked down in Chonburi: Online claims not true say police

rooster59

Pregnant woman knocked down in Chonburi: Online claims not true say police

lady.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

Police have said that claims that two drivers were racing and one hit an eight month pregnant woman on a motorcycle are nonsense. 

A post on social media suggested that the car driver fled the scene of the accident on Thursday evening near the AIA building on Sukhumvit Road. 

Chonburi police said in fact the driver stopped and attended to the victim and called the rescue services. 

Initial investigations show that the pregnant woman came out of a gas station and rode into the path of the oncoming car that was driving quite normally. 

The police said they were studying CCTV to confirm this version of events. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-30

totally agree with posts 2 and 4, things will never change, they never look, they probably think, oh he can see me, go round me. what amazes me is on the dual cariageway, by pass (read railway line) there is a solid white line on the cross roads (denoting a halt) yet they go flying through it, and you are the one having to give way if you want to stay alive

14 hours ago, jastheace said:

why do moto riders do that ?

never a journey I make, no matter how short, without a motocycle pulling out without stopping or even looking.

Lack of education. No knowledge about road safety. Not able to ride a motorcycle or scooter competently. A determinilastic culture. Lack of basic self-awareness. Lack of critical thinking ability. No sense of self preservation. Arrogance. A total disregard for all other road users. Mai bpen rai. A poor diet. 

The list goes on but I hope I've illustrated just how bad the problem is and why it will never be fixed in our lifetimes.

the ten or more road accidents i have seen here in Thailand where so typical Thai. Everybody helps and take care of the victim(s) and the damaged vehicles. Only one time i witnessed a farang involved in a minor accident. A complete ass that guy, only me me me, didnt give a toss about the other (thai) ppl involved. o well, whats new.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I could easily count twenty times a day of motor bike riders pulling out of a side street without stopping, or even looking first. 

I drive daily on a small stretch of a high speed road that’s more or less a highway with smaller roads that cross and intersect with it. All vehicles on the road are going full highway speed. Every single day without fail, coming and going, idiots in cars and bigger idiots on bikes pull out onto the main road without looking or slowing down as they come off the side road. Some of them even go right into the middle lane. 

There is always broken glass and parts laying on the ground in these areas because there are accidents along this strip almost daily, many fatal. No one cares. I’ve even seen accidents happen at the same spot they are still cleaning up from the last accident. Always, some moron zips out onto a multi lane highway without looking. It’s unbelievable. Natural selection.

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Lack of education. No knowledge about road safety. Not able to ride a motorcycle or scooter competently. A determinilastic culture. Lack of basic self-awareness. Lack of critical thinking ability. No sense of self preservation. Arrogance. A total disregard for all other road users. Mai bpen rai. A poor diet. 

The list goes on but I hope I've illustrated just how bad the problem is and why it will never be fixed in our lifetimes.

It is simply spatial awareness, the average Thai doesn't have a clue what is happening outside of his / her 1 metre boundary. 

i saw a thai lady on a bicycle yesterday go downhill on a busy street, three lanes, and went right into the middle lane because there was a car making a turn.  never looked back.....she was going maybe 40 kph and i am shocked she made it to be over 50.  

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I could easily count twenty times a day of motor bike riders pulling out of a side street without stopping, or even looking first. 

And cars as well. Once they upgraded from buffalo to motor vehicle the street smart and sensible thinking brain was lost.

17 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Initial investigations show that the pregnant woman came out of a gas station and rode into the path of the oncoming car that was driving quite normally. 

Please define "driving quite normally"

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

totally agree with posts 2 and 4, things will never change, they never look, they probably think, oh he can see me, go round me. what amazes me is on the dual cariageway, by pass (read railway line) there is a solid white line on the cross roads (denoting a halt) yet they go flying through it, and you are the one having to give way if you want to stay alive

Exactly what my thai mates said to me when i ask why dont they check before merge into main road? "its fine the vehicles on the main road can see me" i am like <deleted>? Yes they may see u however they might not be able to stop in time

On the way to Pattaya this afternoon I saw a pickup (Somchai'ed up of course) on its roof in the middle of Sukhumvit road. It had apparently gone through the central reservation at speed, and flipped into oncoming traffic, taking fronds and trees with it.

Unfortunately there is no escaping the danger of the moronic driving culture here.

7 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

You'll fit in perfectly here, although a little late for POTY.

Keep up your vitriol for another 12 months and you will be guaranteed a play off

spot.

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

On the way to Pattaya this afternoon I saw a pickup (Somchai'ed up of course) on its roof in the middle of Sukhumvit road. It had apparently gone through the central reservation at speed, and flipped into oncoming traffic, taking fronds and trees with it.

Unfortunately there is no escaping the danger of the moronic driving culture here.

Yet somehow you managed to escape the danger.

14 minutes ago, lungbing said:

This is why so many Thai drivers always drive in the outside lane, even if going slowly.  It leaves room for the bikes to pull out into the inside lane without looking.

So you really believe that any Thai drivers even has one thought going on in the grey matter to think about that? 

Selfish vehicle drivers!! Non more evident than on this thread, what does it take to ease off and let a motorcycle ease round the corner rather than having to stop

It really is starting to pee me off the amount of pratts in their 4 wheel motorised invalid carriages that appear to think they have perpetual right of way, consequently give no consideration to motorcycles, cyclist, or pedestrians.

The motor vehicle is becoming the symbol worldwide for selfish lawbreakers, speeding, parking anywhere and giving little or no consideration to others!!

Car drivers, yeah right, hanging off the edge of multistorey car parks, yet claiming exclusive rights to being safe on the roads!!

Clear and present danger 4 wheeled drivers showing no consideration for others!!!

42 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Selfish vehicle drivers!! Non more evident than on this thread, what does it take to ease off and let a motorcycle ease round the corner rather than having to stop

It really is starting to pee me off the amount of pratts in their 4 wheel motorised invalid carriages that appear to think they have perpetual right of way, consequently give no consideration to motorcycles, cyclist, or pedestrians.

The motor vehicle is becoming the symbol worldwide for selfish lawbreakers, speeding, parking anywhere and giving little or no consideration to others!!

Car drivers, yeah right, hanging off the edge of multistorey car parks, yet claiming exclusive rights to being safe on the roads!!

Clear and present danger 4 wheeled drivers showing no consideration for others!!!

I, and probably along with many others give due consideration to motorcycles, cyclists and pedestrians when consideration is due and correct, the problem is many motorcyclists etc don't think or know about what they are doing and seem to believe they are the only ones on the road - - I said earlier today in a thread, absolutely no spatial awareness outside their own 1 metre vision. 

40 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I, and probably along with many others give due consideration to motorcycles, cyclists and pedestrians when consideration is due and correct, the problem is many motorcyclists etc don't think or know about what they are doing and seem to believe they are the only ones on the road - - I said earlier today in a thread, absolutely no spatial awareness outside their own 1 metre vision. 

When consideration is due? What sort of a get out is that?

Always consideration should be due, especially in built up areas!! Slow down!! Unfortunately cocooned in steel, shatterproof glass, crumple zones, air bags and seat belts gives the driver the confidence to speed along regardless!

Why does he need all these safety features, because the majority of drivers through out the world are not competent enough to handle anything faster than a tractor!! But the majority appear to think they have the skills to travel at racing car speed!!!

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Always consideration should be due, especially in built up areas!! Slow down!! Unfortunately cocooned in steel, shatterproof glass, crumple zones, air bags and seat belts gives the driver the confidence to speed along regardless!

Why does he need all these safety features, because the majority of drivers through out the world are not competent enough to handle anything faster than a tractor!! But the majority appear to think they have the skills to travel at racing car speed!!!

Yes but he is superior westerner and those little Thai oiks should defer to him, right?

Know your place peasants!

17 hours ago, 473geo said:

15 hours ago, Traubert said:

Yes but he is superior westerner and those little Thai oiks should defer to him, right?

Know your place peasants!

Stupid comment from both of you, consideration is exactly what it means - nothing to do with speed along regardless or being superior etc. 

Thai scooter drivers seem to have a negative IQ and a death wish. No awareness of surroundings at all and some strange belief they own the road. Like flies on a turd flying around at 50km/h faster than anything within 2cm of them. It's a small wonder any of them survive a day in the traffic.

Ban the bloody scooters.

Archived