Cold Weather for the North next week!!

hydraides

3 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Lucky you...here in Eastern Isaan it is still summer with temperatures above 25 degrees C at night (need to turn the aircon on to keep the room at that level).

It seems that, once again, we won't have a winter...

You think he’s lucky to get it cold? 

Well we’ve got it cold here, and you’re welcome to it. I miss the heat of Thailand and Cambodia and I’m returning as soon as possible.

The cost of heating our homes now all winter is outrageous.

You want cold? I hear there are good deals in real estate in Barrow, Alaska on the shore of the Arctic Ocean. Beach front property going cheap.  You should look into it. 

Why anyone who considers it lucky to have cold and Winter would move to the tropics and/or stay there, is beyond understanding. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Catoni said:

You think he’s lucky to get it cold? 

Well we’ve got it cold here, and you’re welcome to it. I miss the heat of Thailand and Cambodia and I’m returning as soon as possible.

The cost of heating our homes now all winter is outrageous.

You want cold? I hear there are good deals in real estate in Barrow, Alaska on the shore of the Arctic Ocean. Beach front property going cheap.  You should look into it. 

Why anyone who considers it lucky to have cold and Winter would move to the tropics and/or stay there, is beyond understanding. 

No need for a hissy fit here...

In the North they are lucky to have a winter, which is, or was, a normal part of the Thai climate.

Cold is relative...around here, it is cold when temperatures fall below 20 degrees C, which they used to do in the past.

After 9 or 10 months of heat, a few weeks of cool weather are welcome, both for the people and the natural environment in general.

3 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

No need for a hissy fit here...

In the North they are lucky to have a winter, which is, or was, a normal part of the Thai climate.

Cold is relative...around here, it is cold when temperatures fall below 20 degrees C, which they used to do in the past.

After 9 or 10 months of heat, a few weeks of cool weather are welcome, both for the people and the natural environment in general.

It's only "colder" way up north or north east. In Pattaya 30°+ every day. Maybe down to 24°C early in morning.

22 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

What is Greta saying about this....

Who cares?  By her and her parents own admission, she has Asperger's Syndrome.. on the Autistic scale...(which she believes is a super power... not a mental illness.   One of the symptoms of that is sometimes paranoia. 

According to her mother... Malena Ernman... Greta can actually see CO2 with the naked eye...Quote:

"She can see carbon dioxide with the naked eye. She sees how it flows out of chimneys and turns the atmosphere into a rubbish tip."  

That would make Greta Thunberg the only person on the planet with amazing vision capable of seeing this colorless, odorless gas.

Here's a video of Greta's mother...  Melena Ermann 

https://youtu.be/GbVkiNxxuHo

Her father is an actor....     

And Greta dropped out of high school at least temporarily... if not permanently.   I doubt very much that she is some kind of Paleoclimatologist expert. And she runs from anyone who asks difficult questions. She can't handle them.  And on panels... she dodges questions and passes on them. 

https://youtu.be/FNnHfVhrcFI

https://youtu.be/0bwLt_5t73g

https://youtu.be/mcY1Io-heqo

Notice she removes her hat during difficult question, and a handler comes to rescue her. 

(Nothing in this post is a personal attack on anyone. The description of Greta Thunberg and her parents is accurate and documented simple fact.)

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 12:36 AM, Brunolem said:

Lucky you...here in Eastern Isaan it is still summer with temperatures above 25 degrees C at night (need to turn the aircon on to keep the room at that level).

It seems that, once again, we won't have a winter...

If you like winter... come to the U.S. and Canada.... We've already had snow and record freezing temperature a month before winter is supposed to start..  

November 25 and 26, 2019

If you don't like your "Global Warming"... then send it our way.  We could use it...  

17 minutes ago, Catoni said:

"She can see carbon dioxide with the naked eye. She sees how it flows out of chimneys and turns the atmosphere into a rubbish tip."  

That would make Greta Thunberg the only person on the planet with amazing vision capable of seeing this colorless, odorless gas.

I'll bet I could see the same, if I use LSD.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Catoni said:

If you like winter... come to the U.S. and Canada.... We've already had snow and record freezing temperature a month before winter is supposed to start..  

November 25 and 26, 2019

If you don't like your "Global Warming"... then send it our way.  We could use it...  

I like the Thai winter, which is (was) very different from the North American winter. 

The harsh winters experienced more and more frequently over there are one of the consequences of global warming/climate change, which is pushing southward the polar weather, while the pole itself enjoys much warmer winters than usual... 

This situation, of course, is not going to help changing the minds in the deniers' sanctuary that is the USA... providing them with first hand "proof" that the world (a.k.a. the USA) is in fact experiencing global cooling...