Safe Available In Bangkok At Any Bank Or Lawyer's Office ?

does anybody know if banks or trustful lawyers do provide a safe for rent for a limited time (1 month or so) to store some very important items (laptop and business papers) for a few weeks while I am outside Thailand ?

I dont want to leave at it my appartement, because if its lost (burglary) I will be dead meat.......

thanks for any advice....

If you have an account with a bank here all have safety deposit facilities which as an account holder you would be able to use. There's also several private safety deposit operations, many of which have been running for years. You will need your passport and in some cases sign a declaration of value.

HTH

Regards

thanks for the replies so far. its only recently that I got at least a savings account with Bangkok Bank, so I am not sure if they would give me a safe immidiately. and I know from my home country, that those safes are rather small, usually for jewellry and such items. but I need a safe or a box that fits something like a bigger sales-rep-case.

A-TRAVELLER, u mentioned those PRIVATE safety deposit providers. do you have knowledge of any address or phone number ? that would be most helpful....

Why not post them on here for the benefit of all interested ?

In most cases here, as in other countries, many do not advertise their services or their locations, I do not think publishing them here would be appropriate. AFAIK most of their business comes from lawyers or colleagues who have a relationship with them.

Regards

PS Will have access to data on Monday

/edit add PS //

Edited by A_Traveller

Fair comment - how about would you PM anyone who expresses an interest ?

I'm interested...

Why not post them on here for the benefit of all interested ?

In most cases here, as in other countries, many do not advertise their services or their locations, I do not think publishing them here would be appropriate. AFAIK most of their business comes from lawyers or colleagues who have a relationship with them.

Regards

PS Will have access to data on Monday

/edit add PS //

I had asked in Siam Commercial Bank(SCB) about a safe but they told me I should put my name in 20000 waiting list cause the number of safes are so limited comparing with the bank members.So don't waste your time asking about a vacant safe here.

Best Regards.

ermmmm...... its tuesday now.

no private message arrived yet..... any updates available ?

or any other recommendations.....

but will got to Bangkok Bank HQ this afternoon anyway, lets see if they have anything on offer...... will post it here later....

Edited by siam2007

Owing to pressure on his time I've not had a reply from lawyer re the data and my schedule doesn't permit me the luxury of devoting additional resources to this. I shall PM once I am so able to do.

Regards

PS Don't live on Thaivisa :o

/edit Add PS //

Edited by A_Traveller

I just purchased a fairly large safe at carrefour. It can hold briefcase and laptops and my wife and I's jewelry. It can be bolted to the wall and floor from inside, has 2 unusual keys that I will put in safe deposit box in case of emergency that my wife can access, in addition it is finger print unlockable for personal security and no keypad or compination. I was on sale for about B6500 reduced from B 8750. You could sell it for about 1/2 price when you move.

ermmmm...... its tuesday now.

no private message arrived yet..... any updates available ?

or any other recommendations.....

but will got to Bangkok Bank HQ this afternoon anyway, lets see if they have anything on offer...... will post it here later....

have you had any luck yet in finding a safety deposit box in Bangkok? I have been runing around all morning from one bank to the other and always got the same reply "as a foreigner you need to have a work permit in order to rent a safe"

I still need to find one too, if anyone could help please