Customs xray machine status?

Elkski

Just wondering if these machines are going to be installed before Christmas. I read somewhere where there was some construction observed near the outgoing checkpoint at Swampy. Just wondering what the latest status is on bringing in fun toys for the bedroom. 

Vitamins

Toothpaste

Various  facial products

Clothing items

All not for resale

Also in USA you can travel with guns and knives in check in luggage.  What are the rules for say a hand sickle?  Was thinking some good steel may be appreciated in the village. I am wondering if they are to heavy as probably  made for wheat  or barley.  250-310 grams

20191205_121202.jpg

Edited by Elkski
  • Confused 1

Seriously,  I could check these 3 sickles in my check in bag no problems.  Can check in guns as easy as skis.  Just show a gun is unloaded  and in a gun case.  Many hunters and competitors travel  with long guns. 

My GF did tell me cant  take on plane in Thailand  but I dont see why not.  

27 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Seriously,  I could check these 3 sickles in my check in bag no problems.  Can check in guns as easy as skis.  Just show a gun is unloaded  and in a gun case.  Many hunters and competitors travel  with long guns. 

If you want to get arrested go ahead. You can not take a realistic toy gun or a knife or gaffa tape or a bicycle chain on a commercial flight. As for guns: I would hope you would be arrested if one was found in your luggage. As for the scythes: I can not see any justification for having them in a city. Everyone of the items on your list are available in Thailand. In short I suggest the introduction of XRay machines is to stop people like you bringing in the types of dangerous items you refer to. I do hope they are successful.  Good luck.

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Like 1

You guys are so brainwashed that you deplore freedom to carry farm tools?  These are antiques but I thought perhaps good quality steel.  2 have far superior handles to the ones I've seen used in Thailand and one is very well made with forged parts.  I collect old tools  and appreciate fine craftmanship.   Maybe this is not appreciated by most people.  

On 12/6/2019 at 8:27 PM, Elkski said:

This is taken from Nok Air website. Sward, knifes and similar items (this should cover 3 sickles) may be allowed as checked baggage.

Source:

https://content.nokair.com/en/Journey-Planning/Baggage/Dangerous-goods.aspx

"We reserve the right to refuse carriage of such baggage or such items found in baggage as follows:

• items which are not properly packed in suitcases or other suitable containers in order to ensure safe carriage with ordinary care and handling
  • items which are likely to endanger the aircraft or persons or property on board the aircraft, such as those specified in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO ) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and in our Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Contract
  • items the carriage of which is prohibited by the applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state or country to be flown from, to or over
  • items which in our reasonable opinion are unsuitable for carriage by reason of their weight, shape, size or character
  • fragile or perishable items
  • fresh or frozen seafood or other meats
  • firearms and ammunition
  • explosives, flammable or non-inflammable gas (such as aerosol paints, butane gas, lighter refills) refrigerated gas (such as filled aqualung cylinders, liquid nitrogen), flammable liquids (such as paints, thinners, solvents) flammable solids (such as matches, fire lighters), organic peroxides (such as resins), poisons, infective substances (such as viruses, bacteria), radioactive material (such as radium), corrosive materials (such as acid, alkali, mercury, thermometers), magnetic substances, oxidizing materials (such as bleaches).
  • weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives and similar items provided that such items may be allowed as checked baggage at our absolute discretion for very special reasons. These cannot be carried into the aircraft for any reason whatsoever."

• 2 months later...

The x ray machines have been installed in the baggage area, so bags will be x rayed before going on the belt for collection.  They are pretty much ready to be used.

The work in the Green Channel is just routine maintenance.  There is already a small x ray machine there anyway.