Photos point to healthy situation of animal life in forests, says Thai govt agency 

webfact

Photos point to healthy situation of animal life in forests, says govt agency 

By The Nation

800_1bec4d03c6fb952.jpg?v=1575605556

Photo Credit to The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation's Facebook page

The Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation has posted on its Facebook page on Thursday (December 5) photos of animals captured with trail cameras.

640_gaii8ibd6g5akefbe767d.jpg

The Department expressed happiness at the diversity in the forest.

640_eg9jfidbaeib8bd8fcbdi.jpg

Thani Wongnak, head officer at Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary in Uthai Thani province, said that academic officials had collected pictures of various species in the sanctuary such as tiger, elephant, banteng, tapir, deer and muntjac.

640_dfebi6ak7difi596h6hhc.jpg

The photos point to a geographical distribution of the animals and assured abundance of animals in the forest thanks to the work of Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary’s officers, the government agency said.

640_ja66eafbfiff86ab5c7a7.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379132

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-06
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

We are over run with wildlife up here in issan.dingo and rats everywhere.in all my years here I've never seen more than a few lucky birds.

really, I've seen lots where I am, quite exotic, woodpeckers, kingfishers, herons, pigeons etc.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

really, I've seen lots where I am, quite exotic, woodpeckers, kingfishers, herons, pigeons etc.

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Best I've seen is a couple of dove looking birds.i think the stray cats keep the bird population down.anything with four legs unless it's a dog is living on borrowed time.

15 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Best I've seen is a couple of dove looking birds.i think the stray cats keep the bird population down.anything with four legs unless it's a dog is living on borrowed time.

Cats are the latest must have pet for lazy Thais, they are  slowly  invading our  village  too, as  you say wildlife will get decimated. Yet again more and more  kittens  appearing, stupidity knows  no end.

5  years  ago not a  cat to be seen, now the  bloody  things are everywhere

• 4 months later...

Great photos of beautiful animals. Since childhood, I have adored nature and animals and birds, for me this is a real inspiration and meditation. So when my grandfather went hunting as a child, I went with him to observe nature and its inhabitants. But he never killed animals for the sake of killing, but only for food. We were very poor then. It's good that everything has changed for the better now. And instead of killing animals, my children and I just started following him and taking pictures. To do this, we have cameras and cameras in hard-to-reach places to monitor animals. You can read more about them here: best trail cameras.