Noisy Thailand: Locals have had enough from deafening temple event

rooster59

Noisy Thailand: Locals have had enough from deafening temple event

noise.JPG

Image: Daily News

Furious locals - especially old people - complained to the Thai media as a deafening event continued at a temple in Ang Thong. 

Some people had just moved out to stay with relatives and there were even cases of old people having seizures and being taken to hospital due to the noise.

Many have had their sleep interrupted. 

The "Pan Phra" event in Pho Thong district features ghetto blaster sound contests and open air movies.

In addition the monks seemed to be chilling out and loving it amid suggestions that they had organised the whole event. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-07

Some people had just moved out to stay with relatives and there were even cases of old people having seizures and being taken to hospital due to the noise.

Sounds familiar to me...........

Many have had their sleep interrupted. 

That's why we don't let them come into the village anymore. 

this happens all over

Temples should be a places of peace and tranquility and not blaring out thumping loud rave music disturbing everyone around them, since when did this become proper conduct at a place of worship and meditation 

33 minutes ago, smedly said:

this happens all over

Temples should be a places of peace and tranquility and not blaring out thumping loud rave music disturbing everyone around them, since when did this become proper conduct at a place of worship and meditation 

There is nothing about Buddhism in Thailand I'm sorry its all about money. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

this happens all over

And monks should be usefull to the Thai, all the time i see them doing things they're not allowed to do..today they were eating in the restaurant at 2pm next to us.

49 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

There is nothing about Buddhism in Thailand I'm sorry its all about money. 

and the giving money isn't about the temple;

but for their own creation of luck,

being seen giving more than others...

- many others wishing it were Hush money

people complain about my motocross bike used on my own motocross track positioned far enough away from the road that a db meter doesnt go over 64db which is way under regulations and im old so its probably 10minutes of riding every couple of weeks.

The neighbours cars, bikes and parties and 2 local temples can reach 146db!!

Seems selective complaining where i am. 

Temple parties are just excuses to get drunk and have more down syndrome kids from what i see of whats going on around my place. 

Should be stopped out of respect for the religious beliefs which seem to contradict this type of behavior. Very backwards thinking here...

Beaautiful Thailand is polluted by noise ranging from temple goings-on, truck vendors, mobile advertising trucks, boom-boxes mounted in vehicles, modified scooter mufflers and othet sources. Fortunately I can move, afford double glazed windows and triple-baffle ear plugs. 

The men of the cloth have been undergoing a metamorphosis over the last 20+ years.

Today it's ghetto blasting entire communities to no end, others keep on flying around on VIP seats after VIP lounging and priority boarding.

Had a monk the other day seated on my pre-booked (and pre-paid) seat on Air Asia and the cleric had no intention to move. I had to get the cabin crew to put the monk onto his seat which earned me a seat in hell, I assume. 

Wondering what the Sankha is doing all the time these days; in the past they defrocked renegade representatives of the Lord, everyone would walk or take the bus. A sign of times? 

Living near a temple is a curse, I have the misfortune of having three temples nearby, all the celebrations are held in a very high noise level, they normally start at 4 am and end at 8.0 pm, almost every day there celebration!
I marvel, because speaking of Buddhism is said to be a religion of meditation and spiritual, well here I learned that it is only a great source of noise, garbage and lack of respect for the environment and for people, the Thai take it all this as an example!

21 hours ago, smedly said:

this happens all over

When it was discovered a few baht could be made.

20 hours ago, Thian said:

And monks should be usefull to the Thai, all the time i see them doing things they're not allowed to do..today they were eating in the restaurant at 2pm next to us.

Nothing more than a load of lazy freeloaders. Do a bit of begging in the morning, then a bit of chanting. Then eat, laze around a bit, probably eat again. 

20 hours ago, Thian said:

How many monks? You already have 2 (p.m.) for your first lucky number and 7 (yesterday's date) for your second.

Try and be useful.

26 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

Nothing more than a load of lazy freeloaders. Do a bit of begging in the morning, then a bit of chanting. Then eat, laze around a bit, probably eat again. 

The monks let hundreds of guests on my wedding wait, including me of course...and of course they accepted their normal payment of 1 (or more i forgot) thousand baht.

They arrived 30 minutes too late.

47 minutes ago, Thian said:

The monks let hundreds of guests on my wedding wait, including me of course...and of course they accepted their normal payment of 1 (or more i forgot) thousand baht.

They arrived 30 minutes too late.

Arrived too late for what? You can't start anything without them can you? Or was it, "We had some other monks drop by and do it for us but here's your money for trying anyway, buh-bye" ?

My bro-in-laws monks cost 9000 baht (nung pahn each) and came the night before. You get what you pay for I guess.

Archived