Maid In Chiang Mai Area

suntan

This, http://chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/ , is a far better place to advertise for a maid.

I have tried this to no avail many times, at least Fran has the crew ready to go. I couldn't afford to sit around and wait for the phone to ring. If you are willing to wait then fine if not you know the number. Without being cynical, would the average Thai maid/nanny be able to read City Life's classifieds ??

In my expererience, yes, sometimes they read it themselves, otherwise, it is a friend or their employer who calls, looking for extra work for their employee. Since he only needs someone for 2 days a week, I think my suggestion is a good one..

Also I see ads from them looking for work (twice in the last month), who do you think places them?

Edited by Ajarn

In my expererience, yes, sometimes they read it themselves, otherwise, it is a friend or their employer who calls, looking for extra work for their employee. Since he only needs someone for 2 days a week, I think my suggestion is a good one..

Also I see ads from them looking for work (twice in the last month), who do you think places them?

Point taken.

suntan, I was in a similar position a while back.

I got 1 response from CityLife, but about 6 responses to a A4 flyer my wife stuck up in the local village store.

The sign was in Thai (important) and I found a great husband and wife team that have been excellent...so far.

Good Luck.

• 7 months later...
I am still looking for a maid in the Sansai area.

Need someone around 3 days a week.

Please PM me if you know anyone.

Thanks.

I know my maid's aunt is looking for house work but she doesn't speak English (nor does my maid). She lives in Mae Jo near the University. I can ask if she would be interested if English is not a prerequisite.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I would bump this instead of making a new thread.

Maybe a long shot, but maid needed for general household duties but particularly for Ironing. Mae Rim way, 10km or so from town. But actually only needed one day a week though (at least for now). Inquiring on behalf of my bf, and he is Thai, so no need for the maid to speak English. Thought I would give thaivisa a try in the hope for a personal recommendation rather than pot luck.

Thanks.

Many Thais go to the Shan temple Wat Pa Pao and ask around when they want a mae bahn. You can also find a 'magic man' to cast black magic spells on your enemies there. It's the one along the moat just down from Chang Puak gate towards Tha Pae Gate.

Edited by Loaded

Having done this a few times, I recommend making up a flyer in English and Thai and putting it up in all the Moo Baan's that have a good percentage of foreigners living there. Either families leaving, or maids who know people that want to work for foreigners will respond - usually very fast.

Also found Rimping Supermarket has a similar positive result for similar reasons.

And local store can also be useful...but I'd raher not have someone that lives locally just in case things go bad...

But you gotta get out and make an effort....simply posting on here and Classifieds don't work in my experience.