Marriage Visa And Work Permit

the work permit and visa requirements are separate and different - with one exception. To qualify for a 1 year extension on the grounds of marriage one has to comply with the rules and paperwork requirements currently in force. When you have such a visa extension you can apply for a work permit. The work permit will be issued according to the employment (work permit) rules and has nothing to do with the visa application. If granted the work permit will run alongside the current visa and will expire when the current visa expires.

The exception is where you are an employee and your employer obtains a work permit for you and also obtains a 1 year visa extension on the basis of the work permit. In this case the visa and work permit are linked and if you finish work then the visa is finished as well. The visa in the passport - in this latter case - is different from the usual 1 year extensions. It has the job description etc and the emplyment office reference.

If you are in Thailand on a non-immigrant entry permit issued against a Class O visa, that makes you eligible to apply for a work permit. This is perfectly routine - and this is my personal work permit/entry permit status.

Applying for work permit with Class O entry permit, they no longer even ask about paid-in capital, or Thai employee headcount - the fcat that you are married means that only 2,000,000 baht in REGISTERED capital is required.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.thaistartup.com

Applying for work permit with Class O entry permit, they no longer even ask about paid-in capital, or Thai employee headcount - the fcat that you are married means that only 2,000,000 baht in REGISTERED capital is required.

Hi Indo-Siam

here is my experience re. WP:

I'm married to Thai since 1993, own (family) company since 1986, in Thailand on SAME Non-O visa (spouse) since 1998, WP obtained in 1999 (had other WPs prior to the current one based on Non-B visas for same Co.).

my WP condidtions:

1,000,000.- Baht PAID-UP capital (yes 1M!) AND 7 Thai employees

and anual renewal is tough ( company has to show constant INCREASE in profits AND tax payments (CO + personal!), or has to explain why there is no increase in either).

opalhort