Nearly denied entry with valid multiple entry tourist visa

16 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

You're right on this one. ????:thumbsup:

I had problems at don muaeng airport I had a tourist visa where I get back home when I got to the girl she ask me where I was stay I told here it was on the arrival plus I register when I first come here she call a guy over he said why was I on a tourist visa I said I always come on a tourist asking me how long I was stay I said 6 months and he was saying to me u are live here I said not so he take me to a table and ask me why I leave country for  1 day and come back in all he was saying u are live here plus your  age 67 I said I go back home for 6 months no no u stay to long in the end he give me the 60 day and said if I come to thailand again with a tourist I will not be allow in 

8 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

I had problems at don muaeng airport I had a tourist visa where I get back home when I got to the girl she ask me where I was stay I told here it was on the arrival plus I register when I first come here she call a guy over he said why was I on a tourist visa I said I always come on a tourist asking me how long I was stay I said 6 months and he was saying to me u are live here I said not so he take me to a table and ask me why I leave country for  1 day and come back in all he was saying u are live here plus your  age 67 I said I go back home for 6 months no no u stay to long in the end he give me the 60 day and said if I come to thailand again with a tourist I will not be allow in 

Again another blabber mouth. Why would you say 6 months?  I just can’t believe some posters. You only get 60 days each time and you didn’t mentioned if it was single entry or METV but even with METV there is no reason to say ANYTHING different than what is already written down on your arrival  card which better be 60 days or less!! 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brayka said:

SpanishExpat, I would not say that they don’t control you extra next time you enter. They do for sure. Or do you think they have pc’s for fun? I can confirm you they do!

Been grilled myself with that exact same warning „remark bla bla“. After that, I had 3 hassle-free entries and no one even cared. With an extensive history your chances to get questioned are higher of course. I just refered that if an IO scares you with a remark and that you will get problems next time...it’s just a lie. I may happen or not based on the IO‘s subjective feeling, but not based on a notification popping up on their screen. 

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Again another blabber mouth. Why would you say 6 months?  I just can’t believe some posters. You only get 60 days each time and you didn’t mentioned if it was single entry or METV but even with METV there is no reason to say ANYTHING different than what is already written down on your arrival  card which better be 60 days or less!! 

No not a single extery a multi tourist ok and I stay 6 months then I go back home to work so I never stay longer then 5.6 months all the time I have use them 

2 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

No not a single extery a multi tourist ok and I stay 6 months then I go back home to work so I never stay longer then 5.6 months all the time I have use them 

And I give here my address on the card plus I had the registration paper from  when I register at nonthanburi immigration they said because I left for 1 day and come back the same day I was living here plus my age why was I using a tourist visa and said I go back uk after 6 months to work no they said u stay to long and why u only leave thailand 1 day u suppose to stay out  for 1 month then come back

I thought it rather clever especially with the photos. Seemed like a damn good genuine reason. I was aware farang boxed especially Pattaya but wouldn't think it enough to arouse suspicion.

When will you guys just move on. Single white men are now persona non grata they're just never going to say that.

Always list a hotel on the tm card!!

Edited by Number 6

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I thought it rather clever especially with the photos. Seemed like a damn good genuine reason. I was aware farang boxed especially Pattaya but wouldn't think it enough to arouse suspicion.

When will you guys just move on. Single white men are now persona non grata they're just never going to say that.

Always list a hotel on the tm card!!

Always list a hotel & for length of stay write 7 days. Even if you intend to stay 60. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, Caldera said:

OP, I think you did well not to question her. No idea what kind of more appropriate visa she had in mind for a "fitness holiday". An education visa perhaps in case you're learning, but that often doesn't please them either.

Education Visa is only necessary when you are learning and the time that you are in Thailand to learn extends beyond what a standard tourist visa gives you.  You are free to learn on your tourist visa.  (a lot of cooking schools would have to close if that were not the case ???? )

On 12/19/2019 at 3:50 AM, alex8912 said:

Lastly DON’T go to female IO’s. 

I know I asked this before, but I think due to inserting anecdotes people might have thought it wasn't a serious question & I didn't get an answer... WHY should one avoid female IOs? I can think of several reasons why you might want to avoid intimate encounters (if they know your full name, nationality etc.) and how that could lead to troubles in the future, but I don't see why it would make a difference in the queues at the airport, and such... unless you approach them wearing a t-shirt that says "Love you long time" or some such....

On 12/19/2019 at 2:57 PM, alex8912 said:

Agreed, never give more information than the arrival card.

...... and never speak Thai, mention Thai friends, girlfriends or renting/owning a condo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarangULong said:

I know I asked this before, but I think due to inserting anecdotes people might have thought it wasn't a serious question & I didn't get an answer... WHY should one avoid female IOs? I can think of several reasons why you might want to avoid intimate encounters (if they know your full name, nationality etc.) and how that could lead to troubles in the future, but I don't see why it would make a difference in the queues at the airport, and such... unless you approach them wearing a t-shirt that says "Love you long time" or some such....

Your reasons are quite frankly stupid. 
Even if you could just THINK for a short moment common sense would tell you on TVF there have been many many more posts noting when someone enters LOS when a female is the IO they have more trouble / questions or deportations than a male IO. Your reasoning doesn’t really deserve an answer but I am polite enough to tell you. 

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

Your reasons are quite frankly stupid. 
Even if you could just THINK for a short moment common sense would tell you on TVF there have been many many more posts noting when someone enters LOS when a female is the IO they have more trouble / questions or deportations than a male IO. Your reasoning doesn’t really deserve an answer but I am polite enough to tell you. 

Well  I am not going to search multiple threads over some remark like "don't go to female IOs". I haven't been here that long and haven't read all those threads. And while I was semi kidding, I was serious about the question. I still don't understand why you would think that female IOs give you more problems? Can you give specific examples? Do you have reliable statistics (and by that I don't mean "poster xyz said") or evidence for female IOs being MORE in the habit of messing with people coming in (esp. multiple times)??

You could have simply said why, or give one example why, when you originally stated it.

Maybe some people give off an extra sleazy vibe, and that's why they were questioned more etc. Admittedly I've only been to LOS twice (with a long time in between the visits), and didn't have any trouble so far, thus my experience is extremely limited. But I am considering it as a potential location for moving, in the future, and I will def. come back for tourism... hence I'd like to know WHY I should avoid female IO.

Edited by FarangULong

29 minutes ago, FarangULong said:

Well  I am not going to search multiple threads over some remark like "don't go to female IOs". I haven't been here that long and haven't read all those threads. And while I was semi kidding, I was serious about the question. I still don't understand why you would think that female IOs give you more problems? Can you give specific examples? Do you have reliable statistics (and by that I don't mean "poster xyz said") or evidence for female IOs being MORE in the habit of messing with people coming in (esp. multiple times)??

You could have simply said why, or give one example why, when you originally stated it.

Maybe some people give off an extra sleazy vibe, and that's why they were questioned more etc. Admittedly I've only been to LOS twice (with a long time in between the visits), and didn't have any trouble so far, thus my experience is extremely limited. But I am considering it as a potential location for moving, in the future, and I will def. come back for tourism... hence I'd like to know WHY I should avoid female IO.

Please go to females every single time you enter forever. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, Woolsgibb60 said:

Yes I leave every 60 I left and I go penang for 1 day and come back at when the problem started 

In the future staying out a little longer might help....2-4 weeks if possible before returming to Thailand for your  second entry. There are nice places in the region where one could easily spend that time....Siem Reap/Angkor Monuments, Phnom Penh, Cambodian offshore Islands, VN cities and beaches, Ventiane/Luang Prabang, Hong Kong, Singapore, take your pick. That would make your pattern more consistent with Immigration's narrow view of tourist behavior.

Would also be good to have some proof of your home country employment... employee ID card or whatever.

One of the things that baffles IOs is they can't conceive of work that gives people months off at a time, leading them to assume you  work illegally in Thailand.  So proof of home country employment plus an explanation that you work in your country X months a year and then spend several months on vacation and like to visit SEA. Only if asked, of course. Don't volunteer unneeded info and I agree best not to mention boxing etc.

Of course if you can afford it, an Elite Visa is the solution and this is what Imm considers the "right visa" for people under fifty who can afford long holidays or otherwise don't need to work fulltime.

But I think you can continue to use METV if you just put more space between entries. Doing that you might not even need to do 2 visa extensions in country, for example:

1st entry - stay 2 month. Put "60" days on TM 6 and answer that if asked.

1 month out of country

2nd entry - 2 months plus 1 month extension. Again put only 60 days on TM6 and give that answer.

That way your second entry will show just 2 months in Thailand in past year and the entry does not put you near reaching  the unofficial 180 day period that Imm seems to view as a sign of living here. 

Just a suggestion, but I can't see having an issue with what is suggested above

I think it was the in/out nature of your entry this time that raised flags as it was obvious you were using METV to stay 6 months in Thailand. Which is perfectly legal but Imm seems to have unwritten laws of its own, 2 of these being that (i) staying 6 months = living here and not a tourist  and (ii) METV is meant for multiple short entries not back to back usage.

• Like 1