Changing exstension to tourist

Can I change my exstension of stay based on marriage to tourist? 

I want to leave soon and don't want to deal with financial requirements for putting mony in bank every month. Terable exchange rates and bank fees every month. I just want to take my savins exchange to US dollars and go back home 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, keithet said:

I want to leave soon and don't want to deal with financial requirements for putting mony in bank every month.

34 minutes ago, Caiman said:

Likewise, I will be doing the same after 8 continuous marriage extensions. I just can't allow myself to continue bringing money in at the current exchange rates even though I could.

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a That at the consulates in Savannakhet or Ho Chi Minh City with no financial proof. It requires leaving every 90 days for a new entry but you can apply for a 60 day extension for each entry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a That at the consulates in Savannakhet or Ho Chi Minh City with no financial proof. It requires leaving every 90 days for a new entry but you can apply for a 60 day extension for each entry.

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

Rhe only alternative is to apply for a one time 60 day extension (1,900 baht) to visit your wife. No financials needed.

Can I do this 60 day exstension instead of the 365 day and not have to worry about 400,000 in account or 40,000 deposited each month? Is there a special form or just use tm7 and put 60 days? 

What about all the other requirements like photo of us at address and in rooms...  Marriage kor2 etc

yes tm7, reason for extension 'to visit Thai wife' put 60 days

copy of wedding certificate 2 x pages both sides if married in Thailand

copy of passport id page, latest visa, latest permission to stay stamp, copy of tm6

1,900thb

wife

2 x passport photo

maybe tm30, 

maybe copy of house book

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

yes tm7, reason for extension 'to visit Thai wife' put 60 days

copy of wedding certificate 2 x pages both sides if married in Thailand

copy of passport id page, latest visa, latest permission to stay stamp, copy of tm6

1,900thb

wife

2 x passport photo

maybe tm30, 

maybe copy of house book

Best to have the original marriage certificate with you incase they want to see it.

Only one photo is needed for the TM7 application form.

Copies of wife's house book registry and ID card (both sides) is required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithet said:

Can I do this 60 day exstension instead of the 365 day and not have to worry about 400,000 in account or 40,000 deposited each month? Is there a special form or just use tm7 and put 60 days? 

What about all the other requirements like photo of us at address and in rooms...  Marriage kor2 etc

You can, but you can only do it once for each entry. After 60 days to need to leave or extend for 1 year.

The 60 day extension is available for any type of visa entry.

16 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Why such complications? Just take your wife back with you to the States. Nowhere else do I hear of people returning to their home countries without their partner. 

Thats the plan that is in motion sir. Her us visa is time sensitive. I don't want to put money in this country. We are selling not adding. 

I don't want 365 days to stay here I want 60 more days to get the hell out of here. 

There is no complications. 

• Like 1