90 day reporting new system a concern

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been possible since April of 2015. That is over 4 and a half years now. See the date on the pinned topic about online reporting.

Thanks I wasn't aware it was that long. But 'possible' is another matter. I became aware of it early 2017 I think, and it hardly worked at all then. Forum users were quite vocal about it. I tried three days running this month, nothing doing. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

I tried three days running this month, nothing doing. 

For most people it is getting past page one of the application due to the check the with your local office popup message (or a blank page it is blocked).

That has been discussed in the pinned topics many many times.

I can't do them due to a old entry (pre 2013) and new passport. I get the popup message every time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

For most people it is getting past page one of the application due to the check the with your local office popup message (or a blank page it is blocked).

That has been discussed in the pinned topics many many times.

I can't do them due to a old entry (pre 2013) and new passport. I get the popup message every time.

Yes, so it doesn't work. I managed it once I think, in 2017. I didn't try it again for a long time as my Imm office is a reasonable bet to be quiet-ish, but if a system is in place I expect it to work, even in LOS. Since my first success online I had no visa or renewal issues but get the pop-up message when I enter the pin at the bottom of the page. 

28 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Since my first success online I had no visa or renewal issues but get the pop-up message when I enter the pin at the bottom of the page. 

The message means your record could not be found in the database the system checks to verify the info entered on page one that is generated from you last entry to the country.

Most of the time it is a simple error when completing one of the the required fields.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The message means your record could not be found in the database the system checks to verify the info entered on page one that is generated from you last entry to the country.

Most of the time it is a simple error when completing one of the the required fields.

Never enter anything in fields without an *

Change browser if it doesn't work with your preferred browser. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 9:58 AM, giddyup said:

Isn't the receipt just a reminder as to when you have to report next?

Yes, it's just that.

There is nothing on the receipt that says you must keep it in your passport.

23 hours ago, Delight said:

From my experience they do not 'lose' the 90 day document.

They remove it deliberately. With that move they can bill you 2000  Baht.

A fine for what ?

Your 90-Days is registered in the computer. You don't need to show a receipt.

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yes, it's just that.

There is nothing on the receipt that says you must keep it in your passport.

A fine for what ?

Your 90-Days is registered in the computer. You don't need to show a receipt.

At Jomtien Immigration they fold the receipt and staple it to the last page in the passport. At next 90 days report they replace it with the new receipt. Who can complain about that??  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Except normally they staple it in your passport. At least they do in Jomtien.

Except normally I made it online.  :wink:

Only one time in about 5 years I made it at Jomtien office.

(Online system was down a few months in 2017)

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:21 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I used my overseas drivers license with the international driving permit as I didn't have a Thai drivers license at that time.

Therein may lie the reason as to why you were asked for your passport on that particular occasion.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe I have a new passport, but it's not new since my last TM7. Seems a poor system. 

Edited by Speedhump
Paragraph added.

5 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Thanks I thought I was going mad when ubonjoe said I was wrong. 

Ubonjoe quite correctly said the online application was over 4 years old.  The post you just replied to was talking about the app.  Which one are you trying to use?

23 minutes ago, treetops said:

Ubonjoe quite correctly said the online application was over 4 years old.  The post you just replied to was talking about the app.  Which one are you trying to use?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Which page now has the 'accept' button greyed out now so I can't even get to the page where you enter your details before being told instead to contact your local IO. Is this an 'app', I have no idea, I thoughts apps were only for phones. 

2 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Which page now has the 'accept' button greyed out now so I can't even get to the page where you enter your details before being told instead to contact your local IO. Is this an 'app', I have no idea, I thoughts apps were only for phones. 

Apps are for phones, and the TM47 one is less than 3 years old.  However, you're using the website which has been around for ~ 4.5 years as claimed.

You have to tick the box to agree to the Ts and Cs before the "Accept" button turns blue.

8 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Scroll down the terms and conditions and you will see a box to accept them. That is needed to to click accept.

For the apps to use on a phone or tablet go to here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/tm47_mobile_service

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Therein may lie the reason as to why you were asked for your passport on that particular occasion.

I would have thought that the drivers license with the international drivers permit would have been enough for a roadside check, besides, isn't it immigration officers that do the passport checks ?

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Scroll down the terms and conditions and you will see a box to accept them. That is needed to to click accept.

For the apps to use on a phone or tablet go to here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/tm47_mobile_service

Yes thanks (also to treetops) I'd forgotten that, mainly because strangely when I tried it last week I didn't even get the 'accept' page, from a web search I was taken straight to the form page. That website is indeed very strange.

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Except normally I made it online.  :wink:

Only one time in about 5 years I made it at Jomtien office.

(Online system was down a few months in 2017)

When staying 5 min away from Jomtien Immigration,online reporting is not necessary. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Henryford said:

I did my 90 day at Jomtien a few days ago, got the paper receipt as usual.

Thanks i am so relieved so much ???? to hear that , to have a solid Immigration proof as always ????