Wine caves and billionaires: Buttigieg under fire over fundraising at Democratic debate

rooster59

11 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Blacks tend to be more homophobic. Anyway whatever the case is you can't win as a dem without them.

I think that's true that Blacks do tend to me marginally more homophobic, but I'm telling you, that's not the main reason they despise Pete and why most people despise him. It's because he's a Republican corporate shill running as a Democrat. He's way to the right of Biden and probably Bloomberg too. Not to mention he was a failure as Mayor of a mid size town (not city) and he lost a statewide election by 20 percentage points. He's only in the race to act as a blocker for the money people that are contributing both to him and those higher up the chain. He's a laughingstock. Bright fella though.

Edited by lannarebirth

7 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I think that's true that Blacks do tend to me marginally more homophobic, but I'm telling you, that's not the main reason they despise Pete and why most people despise him. It's because he's a Republican corporate shill running as a Democrat. He's way to the right of Biden and probably Bloomberg too. Not to mention he was a failure as Mayor of a mid size town (not city) and he lost a statewide election by 20 percentage points. He's only in the race to act as a blocker for the money people that are contributing both to him and those higher up the chain. He's a laughingstock. Bright fella though.

What are his right wing positions? Medicare for anyone that wants it? Doubling the minimum wage? Raising taxes on the rich? Free college? Tuition reimbursement? Reparations for slavery?

I no fan, but a a Republican corporate shill? Get a grip Homer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

A lot of it has to do with some police slaying of a black. I don't know the details but I know he got a lot of criticism over it.

58 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

A lot of it has to do with some police slaying of a black. I don't know the details but I know he got a lot of criticism over it.

I like the guy, and right now he wold be my preferred candidate.   I think we need more young people in the political world, in part because some of the vast technological changes have left the older generation with outdated methods of dealing with it.   In general, younger people have been raised with it, understand it, know how it operates, how it affects people and are more likely to know how to deal with it legislatively.   

Buttigieg's record as a mayor will, to some extent play against him.   We really don't have any cities (OK, a few like Beverly Hills) that are doing well, or at least well enough not to have criticism leveled against them.   
Police forces are a pretty thorny issue in any city.   There are constant complaints about the make up of the police force, i.e., not enough blacks, Hispanics, etc., etc..   I have a home in a city of about 500,000 and it 's far from poor, but the police are forever getting into major trouble.   They shot a 12 year old kid at 3:30 in the afternoon on his way home from school, what did he do.   He was seen looking through the window of a parked vehicle.   Oh, he had a cellphone and it apparently looked like a gun to the officer.  He was Hispanic.   Oh, and every night on the news we get a full treat to video of taking down blacks.   

I am far from anti-police, but anyone who is a mayor is going to take heat for some of the stuff that happens at the hands of the police.   

What I do like about Buttigieg is he's progressive enough to want to make things better with out being completely bat-<deleted>-insane.   I am for medicare for all, BUT let's start with a public option and see how it works.   Waking up one morning with only gov't health care and no insurance would probably be like driving on the day they decided everyone will drive on the other side of the road.   

He tends not to make bold, blanket promises that are likely not to be feasibly implemented.   He is cautious and he thinks hings out.   He is also articulate.   Oh, and he seems kind and moral.   He doesn't seem to want to deliberately hurt people.   

Here's a bit more on his 'crystal wine cave fundraiser'.   Oh and the writer paid a whopping $11 to get in.    Oh and the wine served is $185 a bottle and Buttigieg had none.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Credo said:

I like the guy, and right now he wold be my preferred candidate.   I think we need more young people in the political world, in part because some of the vast technological changes have left the older generation with outdated methods of dealing with it.   In general, younger people have been raised with it, understand it, know how it operates, how it affects people and are more likely to know how to deal with it legislatively.   

Buttigieg's record as a mayor will, to some extent play against him.   We really don't have any cities (OK, a few like Beverly Hills) that are doing well, or at least well enough not to have criticism leveled against them.   
Police forces are a pretty thorny issue in any city.   There are constant complaints about the make up of the police force, i.e., not enough blacks, Hispanics, etc., etc..   I have a home in a city of about 500,000 and it 's far from poor, but the police are forever getting into major trouble.   They shot a 12 year old kid at 3:30 in the afternoon on his way home from school, what did he do.   He was seen looking through the window of a parked vehicle.   Oh, he had a cellphone and it apparently looked like a gun to the officer.  He was Hispanic.   Oh, and every night on the news we get a full treat to video of taking down blacks.   

I am far from anti-police, but anyone who is a mayor is going to take heat for some of the stuff that happens at the hands of the police.   

What I do like about Buttigieg is he's progressive enough to want to make things better with out being completely bat-<deleted>-insane.   I am for medicare for all, BUT let's start with a public option and see how it works.   Waking up one morning with only gov't health care and no insurance would probably be like driving on the day they decided everyone will drive on the other side of the road.   

He tends not to make bold, blanket promises that are likely not to be feasibly implemented.   He is cautious and he thinks hings out.   He is also articulate.   Oh, and he seems kind and moral.   He doesn't seem to want to deliberately hurt people.   

Here's a bit more on his 'crystal wine cave fundraiser'.   Oh and the writer paid a whopping $11 to get in.    Oh and the wine served is $185 a bottle and Buttigieg had none.   

Well yeah, he is a Democrat.