National Parks Department to distribute ‘passports’ to promote eco-tourism

rooster59

And the policy practiced by the state that you can take more money from long-nosed people is unfortunately enthusiastically applied by the general population. Higher prices at: - airlines - Hotels - muay thai stadiums - Museum - street food - Restaurants, etc.

Sign in Thai:

20190613_205101.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Visitors to any of those national parks can show the document to park officials at the entrance, along with their water canteen, drinking cups, lunch boxes or cotton bags, and they will have their passports stamped with two stars.

Probably would make more sense if these "environmentally conscious" visitors show they still have their (plastic) cups and (styrofoam) lunch boxes with them when they LEAVE the park. Or discard them in provided garbage bins upon leaving if they want to receive their stars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

until they reach ten stars, then the passport holder will get free entrance to a park.

This system works well with kindergarten kids. The big difference is the kids actually care if they reach 10 stars.

Edited by thenewgoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Stupid racist pigs dont get it do they? Clearly no one wants to go to these public toilet smelling parks or they wouldnt need this rubbish yet rhey made it clear farangs arent welcome with the pricing so they dont go.

My family and extended thai family visit much nicer parks free of charge when we travel abroad. Not interested in racist parks here that im sure will be just rubbish anyway. Its embarassing for thailand that they are so ignorant.

The banks are now getting real greedy also offering far below transfer rates that my banks are saying the rate should be and then the fees are thrown on top. This new greed i havent seen in over 20yrs of being here. Really time to leave this immoral, scamming, embarassing place.

Seems the governments broke and this douche bag self appointed priminister has destroyed the happiness of the people. 

And it is only going to get worse 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Utterly ridiculous and infantile - as well as insulting to everyone's intelligence. If you show your 'approved' little carry-with-you items (including holdalls of plastic cups, plastic spoons, plastic knives, plastic forks, plastic containers, etc., - but you MUST have your little COTTON bag with you, of course - symbol of your transcendent virtue!), then you will get two stars (or perhaps yellow triangles) for being a good little conformist. And if you amass 10 stars, you will get free entrance next time. 

Talk about moronic, patronising ideas issuing from this micro-managing (non)government ....!

Edited by Eligius

I am pretty sure this initiative is aimed at the vast majority of visitors to the national parks

ie the Thai people (probably explains why all the promo stuff is in Thai)

Not everything in Thailand is about the expats, I would have thought this would get

approval from the angry old men who inhabit this forum, as the experts are forever

saying that the Thais don't care about the environment.

At least somebody in the printing industry will make some money.  For me, though, after watching the shenanigans of the government since before they were "elected" I have decided after 20+ years of living in Thailand not to return there but stay in Canada even in the winter which is when I have usually gone to Thailand for the past five years.  Remember three songs, ABBA's - "Money, money, money", which seems to be the Thai government's theme song, John Denver's - "Leaving on a jet plane", and the Farewell Song from Prince Igor by Borodin.

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha aha
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
It's a rich man's world

"All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin'
It's early morn
The taxi's waitin'
He's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome
I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go"

and finally, the beginning of the "Farewell Song" by Borodin which starts
"Goodbye, goodbye, I wish you all the luck goodbye".
'nuf sed.