12 days Family trip in Thailand: where to go?

3road

Hi

My dad and mom, (75 and 70) will come to TH for 12 days in JAn and I am trying to make a simple itinerary.

They dont like the beach much, (so no Phuket or Pattaya)  they like more history, eating out, and considering their age I dont want to over travel either.

How many days do you suggest spending in Bangkok? Other than Bkk where would you suggest to spend the remaining days?

thanks a lot.

If they don't like the beach, try Pai in Mae Hong Son. Take a plane from Bkk to CM, then a cab to the bus station.

Staying in Bangkok for two days must be enough to see some temples, etc...

Vans drive every hour. It's a breathtaking ride to get there, hundreds of curves through the mountains. Get a better resort in Pai and enjoy the area.

There's a swimming pool, a hot water spring, a waterfall and plenty of nice other places to visit. 

You could also stop for a night in CM and take them to the night market to get some stuff. 

Please have a look here: http://www.thailand-guide.com/mae-hong-son/pai/

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 2

Dragging them around temples will get boring quick. Go for a relaxing 2 weeks, maybe stay in a condo in Pratamak, Pattaya, nice pool, then access to lots of falang food at T21 or Central or loads of restaurants about. They don't need to see Walking St and go to beaches. Both will enjoy massages

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Since one unhelpful comment has already been removed...I will only say take them to some world class restaurants...they will remember and appreciate your efforts...

Good idea.  The restaurant at the top of the Mahanakorn building may be a good one - it connects directly to the BTS to make travel easier, and as the highest in Bangkok they could see all of the city in one lunch.

• Like 1

If they enjoy cooking try a cooking class.  I've been to many and one of my favorites is AMITA,  162/17 Soi Wutthakat 14 Wutthakat Road,
Talad Plu Thonburi, Bangkok, Thailand
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (662) 466 8966

Hotel pickup and drop-off included.  

p.s.  It's been a few years since I've seen 70 and annually I travel to Thailand from the USA on my own!  

• Like 1

Take them on one of the evening/night cruises along the river in Bangkok. The sights are quite beautiful. Pay a bit more to ensure a good meal and avoid the party crowd.

While they say they do not want beaches, they might enjoy an overnighter in Pattaya. Stay in Jomtien and catch the Baht bus to Walking street in the evening and to look at the city lights from the beach. Take them to one of the ladyboy cabaret shows (Alcazar or Tiffaney).

Take them to the nearby Nang Nooch Tropical Gardens and see the historic pageant and elephant shows.

Edited by Stevemercer
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2019 at 6:08 PM, BritManToo said:

At those ages maybe they're just like to sit at home with you, and a few trips to local temples and restaurants for an hour or two.

What do you mean at those ages, I’m 73 swimming every day. Nana Plaza every night. ???????????????????????????????????????? Cheeky <deleted>.