Poll shows backing for Thanathorn to hold political rally

webfact

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

IT looks like Thanathorn is well on the way to become a " symbol " of freedom ( of speech at least ) , in Thailand .

He promises a future to the younger generation , and this is exactly what they need and want .

And he dares to publicly oppose the government and it's corruption . It was about time somebody did that . Many people are tired with the governments new laws and decisions which make life more difficult for everyone .

Thanathorn symbolises hope for a more democratic future for Thailand .

If they decide to put him in prison or kill him , it will provoke some violent reactions , so they better do not .

image.png.b5cdd65c287e98ff71a77a1ffa1a2de4.png

im  sure  the  army  will  be  reasonable  about  this 

image.png.b5cdd65c287e98ff71a77a1ffa1a2de4.png

• Sad 1

Do you people really think this person cares about the situation in the country so much? I'm sure not!
With all his billions that he stole from you too, he can run very fast without risk and live where he wants in this world.
You have enough examples and I don't think he should list them!
If there should be another coup, he can easily escape, we can't!

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Perhaps they look at the so called Western democracies and their current state - US, UK, France, Australia, Canada, and see what a crock-of-<deleted> they are!

Glad you said "so-called" democracies. Human rights and freedoms are rapidly becoming as rare in some of the countries you mention as they are traditionally have been here.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

Point taken; but lay low for how long, 10 years, 20 years?

IMHO if everybody lays low it just encourages the military folks to maintain and ensure they maintain strong control. Possibly including things like S44 and attitude adjustment & detention etc. 

I have to agree but in Thailand it seems those that oppose the government can just disappear. That would be problematic for him and the movement it appears he is spear heading.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This guy is a hero to the Thai people. How many heroes can you think of, in contemporary Thai society? They need one! And I totally support him. He may be the answer. This nation needs to figure out a way of putting the useless and incompetent army out to pasture. For good!

Get out Prayuth. You are not needed, you are not wanted, and you are despised by most people here. 

Wholeheartedly agree, Mike. The place absolutely needs a hero with his qualities to save it. Someone with brains and honest intentions who has nothing to gain personally... and a cool name to boot. For once, I can see a fleck of light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 30la said:

Do you people really think this person cares about the situation in the country so much? I'm sure not!
With all his billions that he stole from you too, he can run very fast without risk and live where he wants in this world.
You have enough examples and I don't think he should list them!
If there should be another coup, he can easily escape, we can't!

speak for yourself im 20 minutes from a  very lax  border  crossing with  more  holes  than a  pattaya  bar  girl

• Haha 1

It's not looking good.  With just slightly more than 50% having a level of "sympathy", that are low numbers.  The amount of people willing to mobilize, to actually go out and protest will be much much lower. Too low.  Actually,  the young generation was absent at the rally,  apart from curious passers-by. Those who came over were 30 and mostly 40 tear olds.

While Thannakorn targets the youth,  unfortunately fact is that the youth is largely indifferent. The Facebook generation will not come out to the streets as long as they can continue online shopping,  gaming and chatting. Their main concern is the amount of points saved on shoppee or lazada, visiting shopping malls,  and for the rest they don't care.  Speak to some 18 to 30 year olds and try to find the rare exception.... good luck!

So it's looking really good for the powers that be,  in my opinion the "resistance" will be by far too low to force regime change.   Only a serious economic crash (=e.g. let's just simply say when the youth can't afford shopping any more) would create enough critical mass (and even then,  the question would be who would capitalize on this, given the ever growing lack of critical thinking skills  - it could as well be the next dictator...).

Edited by marc651
Typo
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Have you been drinking?

Suggest read up on the bloke and his legit business before making twot of oneself. :smile:

Too late for that I am sad to say.

Edited by billd766
Correcting spelling errors again.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, marc651 said:

It's not looking good.  With just slightly more than 50% having a level of "sympathy", that are low numbers.  The amount of people willing to mobilize, to actually go out and protest will be much much lower. Too low.  Actually,  the young generation was absent at the rally,  apart from curious passers-by. Those who came over were 30 and mostly 40 tear olds.

While Thannakorn targets the youth,  unfortunately fact is that the youth is largely indifferent. The Facebook generation will not come out to the streets as long as they can continue online shopping,  gaming and chatting. Their main concern is the amount of points saved on shoppee or lazada, visiting shopping malls,  and for the rest they don't care.  Speak to some 18 to 30 year olds and try to find the rare exception.... good luck!

So it's looking really good for the powers that be,  in my opinion the "resistance" will be by far too low to force regime change.   Only a serious economic crash (=e.g. let's just simply say when the youth can't afford shopping any more) would create enough critical mass (and even then,  the question would be who would capitalize on this, given the ever growing lack of critical thinking skills  - it could as well be the next dictator...).

You speak a lot of truth (above), Marc651. I, too, when later looking at the faces in the crowd of Thanathorn protesters (at the BTS recently) was struck by how many of them were NOT young students (contrary to my expectations). I think that people who have been brainwashed into an addictive 'life on social media' have almost forgotten that there is a REAL world out there and that it sometimes demands risky action to protect the future of that REAL (rather than cyber) world.  Tweeting and Facebook-ing, unsupported by REAL world action, will not hack it. 

I interact with young Thais all the time, and while most don't like the junta, I find very, very, VERY few who are willing to take REAL steps to bring about its cessation (and the situation is even worse amongst highly educated and 'qualified' older Thais). I know of the immense dangers, and so I understand the reluctance. The sad truth, however, is that unless the bull is grasped by the horns, that bull will go on wrecking this beautiful land of Thailand and its lovely, ordinary Thai people forever ....

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1