Netanyahu accuses ICC of anti-Semitism in pursuit of war crimes probe

webfact

42 minutes ago, thequietman said:

They decided, and then Pilate had to follow the will of the people to keep the peace.

So, to answer your question ...... yes, they killed Jesus ( if he did exist that is) ????

Yes, even if Jesus existed, and even if the Jewish temple elders sanctioned his death -- which they probably did, given that the Romans considered it local matter and would not have acted without local approval -- some Jews then had a hand in killing Jesus. My response is, so what? Some other Jews were Jesus’s fervent followers. More important, he was a big-time troublemaker, and the Jewish elders in condemning him behaved no differently from other people in power, across all time and all cultures. These days, authorities might throw a Nelson Mandela or a Gandhi in jail for a while; how many years was Aung San Suu Kyi under gentle house arrest? In the first century AD, there were no such niceties; people who confronted authority were killed.

In short, Jews are surprisingly just like other humans, no better and no worse!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

Yes, even if Jesus existed, and even if the Jewish temple elders sanctioned his death -- which they probably did, given that the Romans considered it local matter and would not have acted without local approval -- some Jews then had a hand in killing Jesus. My response is, so what? Some other Jews were Jesus’s fervent followers. More important, he was a big-time troublemaker, and the Jewish elders in condemning him behaved no differently from other people in power, across all time and all cultures. These days, authorities might throw a Nelson Mandela or a Gandhi in jail for a while; how many years was Aung San Suu Kyi under gentle house arrest? In the first century AD, there were no such niceties; people who confronted authority were killed.

In short, Jews are surprisingly just like other humans, no better and no worse!

Yeh, I know, but ....... they killed Jesus. ???? Merry Xmas. ????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, toast1 said:

>That's actually not true. Shooting rockets into Israel includes Jews and no one cares.

Obviously no one cares when Jews are targeted. 

•  

Some look at it as payback for the way Israel treats the owners of the land they illegally occupy.

I think you will find the numbers of Palestinians killed and maimed far, far exceeds the numbers of Israelis killed and injured.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No and wrong. I have Jewish friends.

Disliking Israeli illegal occupation of other peoples land and treating them badly does not make me anti semitic.

I do believe that it does , do you have the same concerns about the Rohinga in Burma and the genocide they have suffered and their land taken from them ?

Or do you just oppose it when its Jews "treating people badly ?

Tibetans, Kurds, Marsh Arabs................or its just when its Jews ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that it does , do you have the same concerns about the Rohinga in Burma and the genocide they have suffered and their land taken from them ?

The thread is about Netanyahu and anti semitism and the ICC, not any of the other races you mention. When there is a thread about them I'll comment on them, just as I commented on the Kurds in the past.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

A sadist racist, who is exterminating another race (Palestinians) call racist somebody else, same if a thief call a thief another thief !

This gentleman shall be arrested and tried at the Hague with a life sentence without parole in a isolated cell to contemplate all the pain he made and the huge slaughter of thousands of innocent life he has voluntary ordered !

He's no gentleman, IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Yes I do. I often comment about the evil regimes that our governments in the West support like Saudi Arabia.

Criticism of Israel does not mean you are against Jews! Ridiculous and dangerous comment.

Sanemax, what do you think about Noam Chomsky, Miko Peled, Norman Finkelstein, Bernie Sanders, etc? Are that anti-Jewish for their views on the Israeli Settlers and the treatment by the Israeli Government towards the Palestinians?

Edited by jakestevernson
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jakestevernson said:

Yes I do. I often comment about the evil regimes that our governments in the West support like Saudi Arabia.

Criticism of Israel does not mean you are against Jews! Ridiculous and dangerous comment.

Fair enough, as long as you treat everyone the same and equally .

BTW, how often have you  mentioned the Hutu massacres in Africa when 400 000 people were murdered in 1994 ?

China occupying Tibetan land ?

Yes, criticise Israel all you like , but there are some anti-semites who are critical of Israel just because they are Jews, criticise Israel whilst ignoring the atrocities happening all over the middle east .

300 000 Syrians get killed , but that OK because they were killed by other Arabs .

If a Palestinan dies  , it would not be OK, if a Jew killed him, but it would be OK if an Arab killed him

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, rhyddid said:

A sadist racist, who is exterminating another race (Palestinians) call racist somebody else, same if a thief call a thief another thief !

Stop being ridiculous , its ridiculous to suggest that Palestinians are being exterminated  .

You would be expelled from the Labour party for being an anti-semite , if you were a member if you said that 

We live in a world filled with evil. Sadly, for whatever reason, Jews have been the perennial bogeymen, always attracting the attention of others for good and bad, though mostly bad. It will never end. The way everyone just looks the other way when atrocities are committed is disgusting. Makes me think that there's very little hope -- or reason -- for humanity to long exist. No wonder others 'out there' haven't bothered to make contact. Would we want to contact them if we saw that they were basically selfish, homicidal maniacs?

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah, etc. ????