Leaving BKK Early. Where To For 1 Week? Please Suggest.

SteveInBKKandMAUI

Thanks For Reading.   Been in BKK for 3 weeks from Maui, Hawaii in condo with Thai wife.  Been buying new furniture and making minor repairs.  Will visit her Homeland soon,  (Tha Bo - west of Nong Kai) for a week.  I just told wife I am leaving early for Hawaii.  She will follow in 4 weeks.  We live there 70% of the time.  We don't seem to be getting along very well.  Or maybe I'm just tired of being told what to do all the time.

I am going somewhere for a week.  Where do you suggest.  Will cancel United Flight ($125)  & Pay for one-way ticket.

1.  HCMC, Vietnam.  $595.00

2.  Singapore.  $628.00

3.  Hong Kong.  $750.00   (I know!!)

4.  Sydney.  $1,245.00   Bit expensive

5.  Tokyo.  I can't bear to type it on the screen.

6.  Cambodia?  Really?  For a week?

I was thinking HCMC, but the VISA is a small issue.  I do not have a printer to print the on-line form.

Many thanks to each of you.  I rarely post and never comment.

But a bit bored on this Bangkok Christmas Night.  My hot dog today was very good.

Steve

I’m confused about the one way fares you are posting.  I just went to HCMC two weeks ago for about $55USD. I went to Singapore a few days ago for about $60. The other fares seem way off too. I think most guest houses will print out a Vietnam visa for you for free or 10 baht or buy a coffee or something. My E visa took 4 business days to arrive even though the official site said within 3 working days. Keep that in mind. 

Steve,

Your prices seem off for one way to Vietnam. Have you looked online at VietJet or Air Asia?

You are planning to fly back to Hawaii from Bangkok, aren't you?, or are you talking buying a new ticket in one of these destinations to get home, Your post is slightly confusing to me?

Also, just walk into a decent hotel with computers in the lobby , or an internet shop, and pay 20 baht or something to print off the online form.

Archived