New twist at Savannakhet?

My question would be, why would you keep doing border crossings and not get the year extension? Is it because they don’t have the monthly income or 400,000 baht in the bank to show them?

I plan on going and getting this O visa next year, but have no desire to keep making border crossings every 90 days.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mansell said:

My question would be, why would you keep doing border crossings and not get the year extension? Is it because they don’t have the monthly income or 400,000 baht in the bank to show them?

I plan on going and getting this O visa next year, but have no desire to keep making border crossings every 90 days.

Just don't want to talk with any idiots who think that he is important and has power at any immig office !

Better cross a border every 3 months, at least at border points they know that they are just tools made to obey.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That and not wanting to deal with immigration to get the extension under the false impression that it is difficult to get.

Others get one due to making frequent trips in and out of the country for work and etc.

not a false impression !

so many stories of idiots trying to make problems !

I understand that it depends on where you live, bu anyway it's so much easier to just cross a border,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Okis said:

For me I have two choices, take a 1 hour drive to make 90 days report(they don't do online reporting here for some reason) or i take a 1 hour drive to the border which is close by the same town where the immigration office is located. 

1 option i have to deal with paperwork, waiting time and interacting with dodgy immigration officers. 

2 option i just stamp out and in again at the border which usually takes max minutes. 

Pretty easy choice imo. 

So, you're saying you just walk out of one gate after being stamped as exiting, then turn around and walk back in through another gate and get stamped in as entry...no purchase of a visa to enter Cambodia or Laos or whatever country--which by the way costs more money.  What are you not telling us?

Dealing with paperwork (really), waiting time (maybe), and interacting with dodgy immigrations officers--please explain why one needs to be dodgy about a simple 90 day check?  Personally, I think you're blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Okis said:

There's not much else to say, but since you don't like what you are reading i will explain how a border jump works;

I get stamped out, walk 30 meters to the counter across the border, get stamped in and then move 1 meter to my right side to the departure window,  get stamped out. Walk back 30 meters, fill in arrival card. and get stamped in to Thailand again. 

My nationality is eligible to visa exempt so I don't need a visa. 

I actually agree with you about doing a "visa run" vs reporting in.  For me it breaks up my time and I just schedule it as a mini - vacation.  

• Like 1