Swede who allegedly ran multi million dollar investment scam from Koh Chang extradited to USA

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

1kg fine gold cost almost $48,000 in early 2019, making 1.15kg worth approximately $55,200.

That would mean a return-on-investment of almost 55,000% (fifty five THOUSAND percent!!!) for each $98 share... and NOT 460 percent.

How on earth would anyone fall for such a scheme? What's wrong with people? Is it really just greed or is it indeed utter dumbness? 

This is probably a Thai journalist that have made that equation. I am sure the percentage was not even written on the website, due to that gold price and value always change.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Investors were then invited to buy shares at $98 per share, with Karlsson promising to return 1.15 kilograms of gold per share for their investment - which would equate to 460 percent return on investment. 

You gotta be some kind of fool to fall for that!

I guess the old saying "one is born every second" must be true!

22 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

1kg fine gold cost almost $48,000 in early 2019, making 1.15kg worth approximately $55,200.

That would mean a return-on-investment of almost 55,000% (fifty five THOUSAND percent!!!) for each $98 share... and NOT 460 percent.

How on earth would anyone fall for such a scheme? What's wrong with people? Is it really just greed or is it indeed utter dumbness? 

I think he means 0,115 kg = 115 grams.

According to your calculation that would be 560%.

That is more believable.

• Like 1

Penalty should involve repayment of the money invested....that’s what investors care about...not a under million fine of who knows where that money goes....

dosn’t usa have the authority to freeze whatever assets he has in thailand in order for him to pay off debt owed? I wonder how that all works....

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 7:27 AM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Wonder what's going to happen to his Thailand real estate holdings while he's serving his long prison sentence in U.S. federal prison???  I wonder if there will be an asset forfeiture seizure by either the U.S. and/or the Thais?

as in all money laundry cases, all the assets are confiscated by the state, in this case Thailand, because that's where he tried to launder his ill gotten money.

Having said that, many critics around the world are warning that the draconian moneu laundry laws

open a gate for corruption and "stealing by the state". Countries around the world are using

money laundry confiscation laws to "make money" , and are over zealous in prosecuting and confiscating suspect's assets.

Investors were then invited to buy shares at $98 per share, with Karlsson promising to return 1.15 kilograms of gold per share for their investment - which would equate to 460 percent return on investment. 

I'm sorry for all the guys who've lost their money. But if you believe such bullcrap, then it's your own fault.

460 % return? Gotta be kidding. And that with a guy you do not know?

I understand when kids believe in Santa Claus, but when adults act that stupid? 

Som Nam Na. 

gold donkey.jpg