Formula for newborn

Cristiancjb

Hello, we recently got our first baby and seems like the mother is not producing enough milk for the demand so we started to bottle-feed him using formula (is that the name?). Seems however as though he poops very little (max 1 time per day if lucky) so I am wondering if any of you have recommendations on some formula brand that doesn't constipate as much for newborns?

Thanks in advance

We were lucky that Mum produced enough, however I would check with the wife if she is just reluctant to breast feed, many are brain washed into believing formula is better.

Regarding formula you will just have to try different options, my friends daughter took about 4 different options before finding 1 she liked.

Also are you sure she is constipated, maybe like me you were expecting a whole lot more mess ?

On 12/30/2019 at 11:53 PM, Bangkokhatter said:

We were lucky that Mum produced enough, however I would check with the wife if she is just reluctant to breast feed, many are brain washed into believing formula is better.

Regarding formula you will just have to try different options, my friends daughter took about 4 different options before finding 1 she liked.

Also are you sure she is constipated, maybe like me you were expecting a whole lot more mess ?

No, she actually wants to breastfeed but either, for some reason she is not producing enough yet or she is simply one of those that don't have much production of milk at all, so that's why we are at least alternating with formula. 

Well, the thing is that of what I read, the baby should poop at least a couple of times per day, but as it is now, he poops if lucky, 1 time per day

Archived