Driving license renewal and residence certificate Hua Hin/Pranburi

barry553

I thought I would provide some info on how I got my 5 year driving license renewed in Pranburi as the info on Thaivisa I found to be incorrect or out of date.

For the renewal all I needed was the residence certificate, photocopy of it and photocopy of passport page and visa as well as the actual passport and old license. That was it.

The first thing to get is the residence certificate. I thought this would be the hardest bit but in the end it was easy.

I went all the way to Bluport immigration in Hua Hin but they told me they don't do it. I ended up going to a police station, the one right near Pranburi department of Land and Transport and got one there for 200 baht.

The Pranburi department of Land and Transport is 200 metres or so to the left of the big police station that is opposite the big Tesco in Pranburi. For me very convenient.

So all in all the process was quite straightforward.

200 baht for the residence certificate? that's a "deal"

immigration here charges 500 baht and the police station 1000 baht (if you can get them to even do it, haha)

and of course no receipts as it should be free

I live in Pranburi, not far from the police station. I gave the policeman the lease agreement I have with my landlord. I am not sure if living in Huahin makes a difference but its probably worth giving your local police station a try.

9 hours ago, barry553 said:

I live in Pranburi, not far from the police station. I gave the policeman the lease agreement I have with my landlord. I am not sure if living in Huahin makes a difference but its probably worth giving your local police station a try.

Thank You

Archived