Health Insurance For A Limited Time - Recommendations ?

a special case, I think. I do have a health insurance in my home country, which for some reasons, I will not cancel at least until end of 2007. then will decide what to do.

now I need a limited extra insurance while I am outside my home country for any case of accident or emergency. I cannot apply for a regular traveling-health-insurance (have one actually, but after 90 days no more coverage) as 1.) these usually only cover travel up to 90 days after leaving ur home country and 2.) have to be concluded BEFORE u actually leave ur home country.

any recommendations for such a short-term insurance ? Allianz, Generali or BUPA offering such ? what do they cover ? what are the exclusions ?

Of course I could call all those insurance companies myself, but I am not sure if I would encounter english speaking staff who are firm with all the details there, so I would rather like to learn from other people's experiences.

and if the friendly posters could give me a first impressions about the costs, that would be nice as well.