Texas church shooter wore wig and fake beard, says security head who shot him

webfact

On 12/31/2019 at 9:32 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Not really a practical solution is it? In the UK we got rid of the guns and haven't had a mass shooting since, whereas the US is the Worlds No:1 for mass shootings. Similar to Thailand's world No:2 for death on the roads. Not really something to be proud of is it?

That's your first problem, being from the UK. They will regret giving up their firearms someday. In the mean time, bombs, trucks, and knives seem to be doing well enough.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

They don't go through any channels in the UK because firearms are almost impossible to get hold of.

No regrets now or ever, we just need to look at the US to remind ourselves what benefits of removing firearms from society have brought. No, bombs, trucks and knives aren't doing very well. There's far less loss of life from the average terrorist attack in the UK than your average mass shooting in the US.

Well see, that's the good thing, I pretty well live where ever I want. I don't need the UK for anything, don't need any of their products, and only held some Sterling one or two times my whole life, traveling through airports. The dollar would have done the same. But you guys go ahead and call us when the Muslims or Russians are breathing down your neck, I guess we can save you again.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beechguy said:

Well see, that's the good thing, I pretty well live where ever I want. I don't need the UK for anything, don't need any of their products, and only held some Sterling one or two times my whole life, traveling through airports. The dollar would have done the same. But you guys go ahead and call us when the Muslims or Russians are breathing down your neck, I guess we can save you again.   

"We"? How many generations can you claim to go back before one of the people you're slagging off turns up in your gene pool?

2 hours ago, beechguy said:

That's your first problem, being from the UK. They will regret giving up their firearms someday. In the mean time, bombs, trucks, and knives seem to be doing well enough.

UK firearms weren't 'given up' they were confiscated by slight-of-hand in direct breach of the 1688 bill of rights which the Queen affirmed two weeks ago was still in force(!); the same BoR adopted by and still in use by USA today.

Had UK still been armed in great number I suspect the last 4 years would have been rather more eventful than the nonsense the RotW has just witnessed.

Edited by evadgib

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

"We"? How many generations can you claim to go back before one of the people you're slagging off turns up in your gene pool?

At least 3 or 4 generations, maybe more, before they wised up and became U.S. citizens

18 hours ago, beechguy said:

You certainly deflected to something completely irrelevant.  

Btw its the usa that keeps begging for help with its wars.

Must be hell for you living in thailand with no gun. How did you ever enjoy your travels with no gun, must be very scary for you.

7 hours ago, Sujo said:

You certainly deflected to something completely irrelevant.  

Btw its the usa that keeps begging for help with its wars.

Must be hell for you living in thailand with no gun. How did you ever enjoy your travels with no gun, must be very scary for you.

No, not scary at all, I spent 15 years in the Middle East, about 20 months of that in Iraq and Afghanistan, no firearms at all. 

No, the U.S. isn't begging for help, we're just asking other countries to do their part. Unless you guys really like $100 oil, and high gas prices. Apparently the Germans don't like it or they wouldn't be doing business with the Russians.

As to going off topic, not really, the larger discussion is people defending themselves. Citizens of the U.S. generally can, or have the option, apparently that is not the case in the UK.

• Sad 1