Kalasin: Judge needs to draft in reinforcements there are so many drunk drivers

webfact

17 hours ago, Scot123 said:

I am against drunk driving however why do people have this fixation on crushing vehicles? First not everyone buys their car cash so therefore the bank owns the car and you want the police to crush the banks car, are you mad? Then there is the person who buys a 2 million baht car and his friend who has a 1,000baht scooter who are both convicted of drunk driving their vehicles crushed and you think that's justice? Now someone will smugly say "they new the risks" how pathetic that remark is. Justice should be equal. 

Thank you for this post @Scot123. I too have always wondered about this "fixation on crushing".

How barbaric! There would have to be a law passed to facilitate such a ridiculous act. It will never happen. 

I can think of many other much more sensible ways to mete out punishment.

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, you can imagine it.

In my home state an average is 5,000 USD.  Can be much more with attorney.

You just took the risk @bkk6060 of being told this is not about USA. But thank you for opening the door. I am aware of a Canadian man having just paid a $10,000 drunk driving fine for his "troubled" girl friend. That's approximately 220,000 Thai baht.

But sad to say, impaired driving is still on the increase here.

Good luck Thailand !

11 hours ago, mercman24 said:

and i just read that 13.5 million fines were written, up to a couple of months ago and there are still over 11 million unpaid fines, best of luck with that then, they dont care one iota about any laws here

Respect for the law comes from top down. Top has no respect. And so ............

22 hours ago, Scot123 said:

I am against drunk driving however why do people have this fixation on crushing vehicles? First not everyone buys their car cash so therefore the bank owns the car and you want the police to crush the banks car, are you mad?

Exactly! the crushed vehicle is most likely involved in the person involved earning a living, so not only has his vehicle that he struggling to make payments for been destroyed they now have no way of making a living, who is going to take care of them, who is going to make the payments now?

The last thing the current "government" needs is more people that are unhappy, easier to leave the poor folks alone and let them kill & injure themselves & others and deal with the consequences, easier than dealing with the consequences of draconian laws!