Legal cannabis farming?

notrub

Published

3 days ago

on

December 30, 2019

By

CTN News

Is this true or an early April Fool's Day?   

FARMING & AGRICULTURE

Five Agencies to Study Cannabis Farming in Northern Thailand

Advertisements

The farm is also a part of the study of cannabis growth to prove that cannabis can grow well in regular soil. Outside of special green houses. Cannabis plants from the first cycle will be delivered to the Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine for further research and extraction for medical use.

• Haha 1

I'd say friend's.....wink wink, nudge nudge with large plots of land will be the big winners.  Ireckonso said "just some crumbs need to be distributed to the masses"  Yer as always, because the government really cares.  ????

PS: I was trying for extreme sarcasm......but didn't quite get there!  I will try harder in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing than a news article that they are planning to do so.

I'm in direct contact with this group and currently the proposal is awaiting approval by the Thai FDA.

However, several other farmers groups have prepared or built indoor and outdoor facilities all over the country (I have visited them) according to the guidelines and regulations of the Thai FDA. None of them has received the approval yet and some are waiting about a year now.

Think what you want but there are higher powers in the game as always in Thailand where some money is to be made so without the right connections you might wait forever.

All this promises made before the election such as the 6 plant policy per household are nothing than lies to gather votes.

Now they are trying to minimize the damage and trying to take the people for a fool such as allowing to grow 6 hemp plants per household and allowing to sell the fiber to state agencies. Wow, that must be tonnes of fiber from six plants and enormous income with 70 Baht per kilogram of raw hemp fiber

As some other poster mentioned, same as with any other new or promoted crop. The big and well connected make money while the smallholder get nothing or very little because of oversupply

• Like 1