30 day extension vs. border run

Hello and Happy New Year.

My current visa SETV is about to expire in a few days. If nothing has changed I might now have two possibilities.

1. Do the 1900 bath 30 day extension.

2. Do a border run. Choose point of crossing would be Golden Triangle.

I believe neither of the two options look very good on the passport. Costwise the border run is the cheapest option as I'm Visa exempt for Laos.

Further travel plans are leaving for Laos on 22nd this month. Returning 2-3 February, staying less than 30 days, and leave for Europe for 6 months at least. 

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If your going back to Europe for 6 months you can do what you like for this trip. I would save my border entries for next visit and just do an extension. Heck the cost difference must be minimal. 

If I'm back from Europe I will probably have another METV, or at least a SETV, so I don't worry using up my border entries, otherwise I could have done a border run a couple of days ago, as I had one left.

The whole mess started, when my incompetent local consulate couldn't issue an METV as the only person assigned to sign off the visa was on holiday. I applied 2 weeks in advance.

1 minute ago, jethro69 said:

If I'm back from Europe I will probably have another METV, or at least a SETV, so I don't worry using up my border entries, otherwise I could have done a border run a couple of days ago, as I had one left.

The whole mess started, when my incompetent local consulate couldn't issue an METV as the only person assigned to sign off the visa was on holiday. I applied 2 weeks in advance.

Guess depends where your currently staying. In any event you have choice.