Marriage extension

I am preparing my documents for Monday to obtain my 4th extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai National.  I noticed that I did not start transferring the 40K baht a month until March,  I sent 200,000 in March, then at least 40K every month up to and including this month.  Am i gonna have a issue because i didn't start it until March?  I was not aware until March that this was happening.   If i do have problems, any suggested solutions, go get a 90 day in Laos maybe?  I am located in Sarahkam.

You should try with only the transfers you have now. There was leniency for the 12 months last year but since it is only January of this year they may still accept less than 12 months.

You apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife at your local immigration office.

• Like 1

My update

Well another long day at immigration. A few changes, that may or may not effect you, who knows perhaps your office is different than mine.

1. I did the 40K route every month, but didn't start it till march, but that was okay they said. Next year must be 12 months.
2. They wanted to know where the funds i was transferring came from. No problem i printed out my VA statement, they were happy with that. Interesting to note, they had form letters issued from SSA, DFAS and the VA to compare it to and they did compare them.  I have been sending 80K a month since march, so perhaps it was that. 
3. 1900 baht, and I am done for another year, said she would call me when my extension came back from Khon Kaen approved.

Time for some blend.

Did mine in Buriram this morning, more precisely the 5th extension of a Non-OA based on Marriage to a Thai (lady).

a) No mention of health insurance,

b) Kor Ror 2 from last week wasn't accepted, had to show today's date. Was easy to fix as the local Amphur is in the same building. The reason we were given was that some dishonest people used fake documents ???

c) We will have to show a recent statement of my (400 000) bank account, when picking up the visa early March. I have seen other reports of this new requirement here on TV.

Otherwise, the office was packed, but we were out in less then 70 minutes, the efficiency of this office has always amazed me.

• Thanks 1