Transfer Files To New From Old Notebook.

chang35baht

Hi guys. Just bought a new notebook and would like to transfer all my music and pictures from my old one.

I know I can move them to disc and then to my new one. Can I connect the 2 notebooks with a usb to usb cable( if they are available} and simply transfer the files across? Or will I need a different cable?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

C35b.

USB to USB is possible but very hard to find, a better solution would be to get a CAT5 Lan Crossover cable to network the computers, at least this way you'd get a minimum of 100mbps transfer rate. Or buy a external enclosure for a 2.5inch drive and pop your laptops old drive in there and hook it up to the new computer then just drag & drop as nessecary. Hope this helps. :o

USB to USB is possible but very hard to find, a better solution would be to get a CAT5 Lan Crossover cable to network the computers, at least this way you'd get a minimum of 100mbps transfer rate. Or buy a external enclosure for a 2.5inch drive and pop your laptops old drive in there and hook it up to the new computer then just drag & drop as nessecary. Hope this helps. :D

Job done Pomthai thanx a lot.

By the way the shop I got the xover cable from had a mountain sized pile of USB-USB cables also. :o

not forget to setup the ip adress from both computer static else they will not "see" eachother

for exaple

1th notebook

ip:192.168.1.1

subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.1.1

2th notebook

ip:192.168.1.2

subnet mask : 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.1.1

USB to USB is possible but very hard to find, a better solution would be to get a CAT5 Lan Crossover cable to network the computers, at least this way you'd get a minimum of 100mbps transfer rate. Or buy a external enclosure for a 2.5inch drive and pop your laptops old drive in there and hook it up to the new computer then just drag & drop as nessecary. Hope this helps. :D

Job done Pomthai thanx a lot.

By the way the shop I got the xover cable from had a mountain sized pile of USB-USB cables also. :o

post-36660-1176293218_thumb.jpg

Edited by bram