Pompeo defends U.S. killing of Iranian as Democrats ask 'Why now?'

webfact

Really really pisses me off when people keeping saying "Trump did it because of impeachment/Election for Trump"

This has nothing to do with trump..........Even if the media says it was trumps decision......its the larger America establishment/Israel Geopolitical moves in the area

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, hydraides said:

Really really pisses me off when people keeping saying "Trump did it because of impeachment/Election for Trump"

This has nothing to do with trump..........Even if the media says it was trumps decision......its the larger America establishment/Israel Geopolitical moves in the area

Will you explain please?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Now Trump is threatening to flatten 52 cultural sites in Iran (probably unaware that would be a war crime) and hot off the press, is now threatening Iraqi government with sanctions if it follows on parliament decision since US has a multi-billion dollar military base there and Iraq will pay for it.

Can some Trump fanatic (and there are some on TV) explain to me why US is above all the international laws?

come on dont be a crybaby...iranians are resourceful....I expect thousands of women and children to be (forcibly) moved to live among these ruins very soon. anything for the eternal leader.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, hydraides said:

Trump did it because of impeachment.

You’re right -- corporate interests (including the defense industry) feed money to politicians, who then owe them favors in return. (Theoretically, politicians also have a civic duty to the people who vote for them, a duty that some take more seriously than others.) Some wars, like Bush’s Iraq invasion, are primarily driven by corporate profits (especially when the politician in charge and the CEO are one and the same person). And you may be right about some of the motivating factors here. But politicians are players, too, with enormous power of their own, and Trump is using his exclusively to save his own copious rear end. Until real evidence of corporate malfeasance and corruption (and government collusion) comes out -- and it may well do so -- we’re only speculating.

As for “Israel geopolitical moves” -- Get off your rocker. Repeat ten times after breakfast every day: “Israel is just another country. Israel is just another country.” Etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Regardless of my personal views if this.  escalates  into "an eye for an eye" saga

no American, no American Airline, or any person sounding American will be safe anywhere in the world. The Iranians can be brutal

I don't think we're close to that yet but it could happen.

Iran now feels completely justified (and most of world would understand) in hitting hard in a proportionate way. I doubt that will have anything to do with killing random civilians but a cyberattack on the U.S. is certainly possible. After that, it's predictable that this current president will retaliate more extremely. After that … yeah progressing to your scenario isn't hard to imagine.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

come on dont be a crybaby...iranians are resourceful....I expect thousands of women and children to be (forcibly) moved to live among these ruins very soon. anything for the eternal leader.

Right. Anything for the eternal leader. So I assume that you, too, will be among the first to enlist?

• Like 1

Off topic posts and replies have been removed. 

A post containing content copied from a Twitter link has been removed as this is not a Twitter page.

A post containing links to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

6 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I believe your a bit out of touch because the last administration followed the previous Bush one for the following reasons:

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-neither-bush-or-obama-killed-iranian-general-qassem-soleimani-2020-1

Can anyoe please help dundee48 to understand postings of facts? Confused is routinly his activity.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

See I knew there were some... But your answer is not to my question. Although Iran is a rogue country (which makes it dangerous by itself), this would likely not have happened if Trump didn't unilaterally withdraw from Iran nuclear agreement and sanction anyone who was still part of that agreement. So basically one country is holding the entire rest of the World hostage. Do you consider that fair and normal?

He's the Chief Executive....as such he is well within his rights to overturn previous non-binding

agreements that he feels are flawed. You can cry about it here endlessly or just vote for Amy Klobuchar

or whatever weirdo the Dems pick.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Take your complete post but replace 'Iranians' with 'US' and that is closer to the truth and why there are so many US haters.

Have you ever stopped and wondered why so many hate the US or are you totally blinded by their "saving the world" brainwashing?

You would prefer Islam save the world, or China?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

Regardless of my personal views if this.  escalates  into "an eye for an eye" saga

no American, no American Airline, or any person sounding American will be safe anywhere in the world. The Iranians can be brutal

You unwittingly just made the case for war and regime change. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

He's the Chief Executive....as such he is well within his rights to overturn previous non-binding

agreements that he feels are flawed. You can cry about it here endlessly or just vote for Amy Klobuchar

or whatever weirdo the Dems pick.

That's sad, isn't it? In many countries of the World people are voting for who they hate less rather than who they love more...

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

That's sad, isn't it? In many countries of the World people are voting for who they hate less rather than who they love more...

All I can say is thank God Trump is our President!  I tried to explain the best I could to my Thai wife what would have happened if Hillary won. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Sujo said:

Trump promised to bring troops home. Instead he is sending more.

Surely this is a great out for him. Iraq doesnt want troops there so just leave. Not leaving means its an occupation. How dare trump tell a sovereign nation that it cannot decide to tell anyone it likes to leave.

"Trump promised to bring troops home. Instead he is sending more."..... check again. Trump is pulling ALL troops out of Iraq so the Middle East is on it's own now as it should be. No more begging for help from the US. The US is not the police force for the world. Let them fight it out and let it be the survival of the fittest. Whomever is left standing will either be a friend of the US or...…. 

• Haha 1

I think that the president of Iran is a puppet for the Ayatollah and the clerics, who

really run the country. The general does not sound as though he was really

liked by even the Iranians who live outside of Iran. Maybe Trump is saying that

Some Clerics and the Ayatollah live near or at some of those cultural sites, and

do they want their homes bombed? I have heard that the bunker buster bombs

can do a pretty good job where ever they are sent to.  Just saying..

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Confused 1