Hand Baggage Restrictions On Thai

I apologise if this has already been asked and answered.

Are there any restrictions with regards to liquids in hand luggage on TG flights departing BKK to any Asian destinations.

Is that you Osama?

QANTAS introduced cabin baggage restrictions this month for the carrying of liquids.

* Personal liquid/aerosol/gel products be taken on board aircraft in limited quantities – carried in containers of 90ml or less in a clear, 1 litre, plastic re-sealable bag.

* All other personal liquid/aerosol/gel products packed into checked luggage.

Some exemptions apply for medicines etc.

Don't know about TG flights but I suggest that you place all liquids into your checked in luggage and only carry essential liquids in your cabin baggage. It is better to be safe than to have it thrown into a 44 gallon drum at the airport.

• 3 weeks later...

ah yes...the new restricted liquids rule...More bushit cooked up to keep us all in a state of fear...

I dont want to go on a rant when someone has just asked a civil question,so heres some links that show how implausible this so called "Terra plot" was.

see here http://www.interesting-people.org/archives...8/msg00087.html

and here http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/17/fl...labs/print.html

anyway.sorry for hijacking your innocent question but this

"Keep the world in a state of fear,and reap the benefits" stuff gets my goat.

ah yes...the new restricted liquids rule...More bushit cooked up to keep us all in a state of fear...

I dont want to go on a rant when someone has just asked a civil question,so heres some links that show how implausible this so called "Terra plot" was.

:D

Perhaps you come under the TROLL section with a totally unconstructive posting of this nature.

marshbags :D:D:o

Edited by marshbags

OK, I totally agree with #7, I think it's all hoodoo, but to answer the OP's query, I've recently made a number of short and long haul flights on Thai, Nok Air and Air Asia in Thailand and to Malaysia and Europe, and there were no restrictions on liquids from the Thai or Malaysian side at all.

They did get shirty in Frankfurt about a small tube of hand cream as I was transferring to Lufthansa, but that doesn't count. Thankfully, I never bought that bottle of single malt Scotch I had my eye on in BKK duty free. :o

I believe TG (and others?) are going to introduce the same restrictions now applicable in Europe/US regarding liquids...by the end of this month? May? Read this in one of the local rags (Nation?) over the last few days.

Perhaps you come under the TROLL section with a totally unconstructive posting of this nature.

First time I've ever been accused of said crime marshy,and although I think my post was relevent to the topic if slightly off center I nonetheless apologise fully(again).

Qtno.

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne

First time I've ever been accused of said crime marshy,and although I think my post was relevent to the topic if slightly off center I nonetheless apologise fully(again).

Qtno.

QTNO, I for one will not challenge your post, however you have to stop to think that there are other ways to bring down a plane without the "boom" factor. How about a bottle of Bacardi Gold, that actually contains gasoline. That would make a nice molotov cocktail wouldn't you say?

Edited by Gumballl

AoT announced this week (19 April 2007) that they "...will start enforcing new restrictions on liquids, aerosols and gels in hand-carried luggage on all commercial flights departing from airports nationwide in the next few weeks."

Currently the ICAO LAG guidelines (3 oz/100 ml. in a 1 qt. bag) are enforced ex-BKK on UA, NW and TG's direct, non-stop flights to LAX and JFK.

Not sure what the actual start date is but generally best to plan on encountering the new requirements now.

Duty Free purchases can be challenging.

Qtno.

QTNO, I for one will not challenge your post, however you have to stop to think that there are other ways to bring down a plane without the "boom" factor. How about a bottle of Bacardi Gold, that actually contains gasoline. That would make a nice molotov cocktail wouldn't you say?

I absolutely agree Gumball a fire onboard a plane is a nightmare,especially at high altitude(yet note that the last time I flew to Ireland thru Turkey I was able to carry on spirits as usual,even though there were extra security checks as it was just after Hrant Dink's murder),

there are also many powder form explosives that look relatively innocuous and could be disguised as many things(so no make up,baby powder etc on board?),

the point that the quoted articles make is-

where do we stop? if you read to the very end of the first article(its long but worth it)you will see that unless they strip us all naked getting onto the plane and perform cavity searches on us there are just too many ways to smuggle on some sort of device to destroy an aircraft.

You can actually impregnate your clothing with explosives should you wish(ones that the detectors will not pick up),or pre mix them into a pulp,make paper and carry a cellulose based explosive John Grisham Novel on board if you want to go boom with Irony!,

but the "mix the liquid explosives on board" one is just far too implausible,

so why pick on that one,and impose sanctions on all travellers?-

except to maintain "A high state of alert"?

where do we stop?

fly El Al on any route and find out the limits of your patience. when you are finally through the procedure you wish you had flown naked, no checked in luggage, your passport in one hand and boarding pass/ticket and a credit card in the other hand.

:o

Edited by Dr. Naam

where do we stop?

fly El Al on any route and find out the limits of your patience. when you are finally through the procedure you wish you had flown naked, no checked in luggage, your passport in one hand and boarding pass/ticket and a credit card in the other hand.

:o

Yes...Israel doesn't mess around. A friend of mine flew in the Israel a few years back. Customs tore her apart...had her in tears.

Air travelers in Thailand advised to use clear plastic bags for carry-on toiletries

The Associated Press

Thursday, April 19, 2007

BANGKOK, Thailand: Travelers using Thailand's airports will soon be barred from carrying bottled water on planes and will have to pack their carry-on toiletries in transparent plastic bags, the civil aviation department said Thursday.

The new rules are expected to take effect in May, with a precise date still pending formal approval by the Ministry of Transport, said Chaisak Angkasuwan, the director-general of the Department of Civil Aviation.

More here.

Remind me ... just exactly how many planes were blown-up, in that UK->USA bomb-scare, last summer ?

It resembles the number of extra kilos, which I can now put in my hold-luggage, to compensate for the severe restrictions on hand-luggage, which now apply.

NIL

Having just scanned the BAA security-rules, for what I can put in my carry-on, when I fly home from LHR to Thailand next month, I note that solid-foodstuffs are still OK, but nothing with any sort of liquid-content will be allowed. This almost a year after the initial plot.

And they still can't cope with the occasional passenger, even first or business-class, who wants to carry an extra small bag through security. After 9 months in which to gear-up to the threat.

So out goes tasty jams, real hot English-mustard, Hellmann's mayonnaise or my kids' favourite tinned-curry, as my hold-luggage is already allocated to other more-essential stuff. But at least the world will be safe from terror.