Dozens killed in stampede at funeral of slain Iranian commander, burial postponed

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I do not think it is funny.  But I do not have any remorse for mindless zealots that pay homage to a murderer who openly advocated killing other people, even though the "victims" were under strict political and religious control by Iranian leaders.

Maybe if you looked into how many wars the US is currently involved in vs Iran, the truth may start to become clearer. There are bad guys all over the place, but Iran certainly is not the biggest one out there. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, englishoak said:

My Iranian friends are quite relieved the general is dead, zero tears and only bad words to say about him. Their main fear is some radical or ambitious military officer or other would do something stupid in revenge and escalate things. 

They also said the Iranian people will be whipped up and state propaganda machine there would go into overdrive so possibly demonstrations, clashes and no doubt more Iranians dead. They were right about that and in it seems the global media  propaganda machine seems to be making this butcher into something divine... its rather sickening , just as whipping up people into a frenzy to the point some are crushed to death all over literally nothing but an empty box...

The Mullahs days are numbered and i hope that comes sooner than later. 

Soleimani liked to refer to Iran and his defacto leadership oversight of many allied factions as the Axis of resistance, Its own actions or lack of has led to the Generals demise and shown Iran is bluffing this theory  has been tested over and over by the current administration and Israel to show it is. Consider.

When Israelis assassinated the deputy head of the Military Council,  Mughniyah in Damascus, Syria, who was the highest authority in the Lebanese Hezbollah they and Soleimani did nothing and not avenged him until today. = Weakness.

When Trump gave Netanyahu Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the self professed Axis of the Resistance, Iran, did not move except by holding television rants and conferences verbally rejecting the decision. = Weakness

When President Trump offered the occupied Syrian Golan Heights to Israel again Iran did not react other than shout on TV. Hezbollah were not mobilized nor anyone else in the region. = Weakness

And when Israel bombed hundreds of Syrian and Iranian targets in Syria, Iran justified its lack of retaliation by the typical sentence: “We do not want to be dragged along by the timing of the engagement imposed by the enemy,”  = Weakness

The US, President Donald Trump and his team understood finally that they were opposed by no real effective deterrent. The inaction of the Resistance axis and leadership has emboldened Trump to do what he wants and by killing Soleimani with impunity is once again calling Irans bluff

Bottom line is Iran has been tested over and over since Trump has come to power and so far turned out to be toothless and impotent, its a high stake gamble but Irans leaders are having their bluff called and teeth extracted one by one in front of the world.

I dont believe there will be any war or invasion...multiple targets hit very possible, if Iran is stupid enough to retaliate then itll just have more teeth pulled more quickly and violently and if they dont respond Irans leadership hold will weaken further. 

As for those who have died over an empty box, what a waste of life.

I usually skip over posts that are this lengthy but this one got my attention. Well said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Well there are at least 56 less right now. 

For every innocent that dies, there's 4 family members that are now amenable to radicalization.  By my count, that leaves us 168 in the hole.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

That's the same lame excuse anytime you smoke somebody that needed it. If we followed that we wouldn't have taken out Bin Laden, Bagdadi, his number two and now this greaseball. 

If they want to stampede and kill each other to pray at the closed coffin of their martyr which doesn't even have a body to honor so be it. 

They are lucky we are restrained enough to not have called in a massive double tap.

https://www.itv.com/news/2016-04-26/how-and-when-all-96-victims-of-the-of-the-hillsborough-disaster-died/

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, meand said:

Maybe if you looked into how many wars the US is currently involved in vs Iran, the truth may start to become clearer. There are bad guys all over the place, but Iran certainly is not the biggest one out there. 

that would be a ridiculous comparison, the USA to Iran.  The two are radically different geo political, economical, and many other categories apart.   And I never said Iran was the biggest bad guy out there.  

• Like 2

An unnamed source working in the Pentagon has suggested that US and Israeli operatives created the stampede...

The NY times will write an op-ed quoting unnamed sources and placing the blame squarely on the Trump administration's failed middle east diplomacy...☺

• Haha 1

Just now, John1012 said:

I wonder how many of these sheep were there because they wanted to mourn this dead sociopath and how many were there because if they did not attend they would be labelled as traitors and persecuted/killed  by the medieval sharia police? When the followers of this evil cult show some respect for those that choose not to follow the teachings of the murderous pedophile perhaps some respect for them will be offered.

It was probably mixed. The higher up Iranians tend to heavily use human shields. They probably let innocents go closer and stayed a little back.

But look at the bright side. He got killed by a US hellfire missile, then his casket was carried on a US Chevrolet Truck. Think of all the ad commercials by Chevrolet. (When you just have to get through the crowd, make sure your in a Chevrolet Truck).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1