Hotel near MBK

HashBrownHarry

2 hours ago, nikmar said:

beg pardon, that was a big link - Ibis Hotel

Ibis is complete rubbish. One of the worst-quality, most impersonal and characterless hotel brands out there. Great if you like spartan rooms like jail cells, rock-hard beds, so-so service and appallingly bland food. It's also French, so best avoided.

• Like 1

for 2.5 to 3.5 k you can have a nice 4.5 to 5 star hotel.

the mind boggles why someone would recommend IBIS for that price range.

price of course depends on dates, and how close to MBK does the hotel have to be? is 2 BTS stations ok?

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1

Pathumwan Princess is at the southern side of MBK, and IBIS/Mercure (same building) are just across the BTS stop at the northern side of MBK. Then you have Novotel that is probably 200m walk away east in Siam, and VIE hotel 200-250m north. Depending on the date all of these could be in budget.

2 hours ago, tgw said:

for 2.5 to 3.5 k you can have a nice 4.5 to 5 star hotel.

the mind boggles why someone would recommend IBIS for that price range.

price of course depends on dates, and how close to MBK does the hotel have to be? is 2 BTS stations ok?

I'd like to be able to go into mall straight from hotel.

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Actually why not go to Agoda, pick Bangkok, Pathumwan, and then do a map search with price range, and it should show you all that's available in the area...

I understand that but i'd rather have a personal recommendation.

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'd like to be able to go into mall straight from hotel.

I understand that but i'd rather have a personal recommendation.

walking straight into the mall is possible from the Pathumwan Princess hotel. it's a nice large 4 star hotel.

price might be within budget if occupancy is low. check for rates for your dates using online platforms.

13 hours ago, tgw said:

walking straight into the mall is possible from the Pathumwan Princess hotel. it's a nice large 4 star hotel.

price might be within budget if occupancy is low. check for rates for your dates using online platforms.

Thanks, looked at this but only rooms available were 8k a pop, a bit rich for me..

12 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:
On 1/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, tgw said:

Thanks, looked at this but only rooms available were 8k a pop, a bit rich for me..

Was direct on the hotels website or on Agoda or booking.com etc? 

Obviously it depends on your dates, but 8k for the Patumwan princess is extremely hight.

I can’t find prices on Agoda for more than 5000 baht for the Patumwan princess hotel/

Its 3500 baht (+tax) over Songkran and 2900-4000 baht (+tax) between now and then.

If you haven’t already done so, it may well be worth your while looking at Agoda etc.. Patumwan Princess hotel is the only one with direct (indoor) access to MBK (on the ground floor).

Edited by richard_smith237