All-in-One printer scanner fax Recommendation

SoSoCNX

If its still available on the market DONT BUY the HP Officejet Pro 6830e All in one.

I run Win7 out of preference on an ACER laptop.

When using Word the printer would always leave a double margin at the bottom of a printed page.
I went to HP main repair shop in Khon Kaen, they spent some hours trying to sort it out and eventually said that it was an issue with this printer when using Win7.

I tried various ways to get it to work and by chance found that using a document from a previous laptop I could get a full page printed.    It means I have to import a previous workable page every time I want a full page.

Further it has a tendency to not print from the red cartridge which clicks off if the desk etc the printer is on is not completely stable.

You might want to be more specific on needs - appears this for an office rather than normal seldom used home system?  Almost no fax used here in Thailand anymore from my understanding and suspect scan to email would be a software feature.  Is color printing required?  How much printing?  

And do you want a document feeder for scanning?   

If you are like me, you will want a LCD set up window with all the controls some where on the front facing you, visible when sitting at the computer.  I didn't think of that and bought one with the LCD on top at the rear.  When ever I need to reset WiFi, I have to get up and bend over to read the LCD.

Check out how to clear jams.  I have to take the paper out of the feed drawer (which is flimsy) in the front of the printer close it, turn the machine up on its front, and open an awkward access door at the rear.  Then reverse the process.

My printer will not take a mail envelope length wise when I am printing addresses.  And I have to empty the one paper drawer to change sizes (2 paper feeds would be preferable for me).

Try to simulate you actual working conditions when you have narrowed down your choice to a few.

4 hours ago, AtlasAus said:

Whatever you get ensure it is one with re-fillable ink tanks.

I have a Brother DCP t5000W and it works well... Damned if I can get it to print via wifi though. I have a Epson tank model back in Aus, same concept, but again wifi eludes me ????

re-fillable ink tank printer are not always the better solution.

For example if you are not using your printer that often, then it could happen that the ink clogs. 

Another member here recommended a Canon colour laser all in one some time ago.

I got around to buying one late last year and it's pretty good.

I got a 'Canon ImageCLASS MF645CX' printer/scanner/copier unit. It's a colour laser instead of an inkjet.

I used to use laser printers long ago when I lived back in the UK and I found them to be much better than inkjets if you don't use them that often because the toner doesn't dry out like the ink versions do if you don't use them for weeks at a time.

The price wasn't too bad either - about 15k Baht.

I'm on a one man crusade against all HP imaging products since 20 years ago when I first moved to China and paid an eye watering sum to buy an HP scanner and an HP printer on the same day.  Brought them home to find out that the 2 drivers couldn't co-exist on the same computer.  That from HP help desk...  Then it took me hours and hours to uninstall all the bloatware that came on the CD's.

I had excellent luck with Brother and Epson imaging products in Thailand...  Like UKrules said, laser works best if not using them every day because inkjets tend to dry out.  Personally, I'd go with separate scanner/printers because I don't like binning a scanner when the printer goes bad and vice versa.  Pretty easy to set them up so scanning a document works just like a copier, with the copies spitting out of the printer.

Archived