Pristiq

offset

No generic. I think it is still under patent.

There is however a local generic of Venlafaxine which is chemically related drug with same action. The literature I have seen does not show any significant advantage to Desventalfaxine (Prostiq) over Venlafaxine for the vast majority of patients . Usual deal of pharm company tweaking a drug slightly enough to justify a new brand name when patent on the old version expired, IMO.

https://mhc.cpnp.org/doi/full/10.9740/mhc.n186977

The local generic of Venlafaxine is called Valosine and unlike Prostiq it can be bought over the counter..though I do nto recommend that unless already on it and stable, the initial dosing needs to be titrated.

This is not for me but a friend she tells me that she is very addicted to Prostiq and is afraid of changing meds but Prostiq is very expensive here and can only be got with a proscription.

Would you know a doctor in or near Hua Hin that it would be best to see before changing meds

Is this a Thai or foreigner?

If foreigner:

There is 1 psychiatrist at Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital but the website shows no hours for him, don't know what that means but she could call and ask

https://bangkokhospitalhuahin.com/en/doctor/weeradech-wannasilp

Otherwise I suggest coming up to Thonburi and seeing psychiatrist at Siriraj

Bring old prescription with her and explain to doctor she would like to switch to generic valosine. Works the same but she'll need guidance on dosage

If Thai:

Get referral slip from hospital where she is registered under 30 baht scheme to Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry

which is also in Thonburi.

She would also be well advised to get counselling, meds alone are not the best way to treat depression or anxiety.

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Is this a Thai or foreigner?

If foreigner:

There is 1 psychiatrist at Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital but the website shows no hours for him, don't know what that means but she could call and ask

https://bangkokhospitalhuahin.com/en/doctor/weeradech-wannasilp

Otherwise I suggest coming up to Thonburi and seeing psychiatrist at Siriraj

Bring old prescription with her and explain to doctor she would like to switch to generic valosine. Works the same but she'll need guidance on dosage

If Thai:

Get referral slip from hospital where she is registered under 30 baht scheme to Somdet Chaopraya Institute of Psychiatry

which is also in Thonburi.

She would also be well advised to get counselling, meds alone are not the best way to treat depression or anxiety.

Thank you for your help she got some from BKK hospital Hua Hin but they are still expensive

Archived