Renewal of driving licence

geronimo

Depending on your location , Pattaya need residency certificate and medical certificate.

some reported no medical but I changed from 2 to 5 years and they wanted it .this was about 3-5 months ago

if using old WP , no need for residency but with new WP I am not sure 

Edited by BestB
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Depending on your location , Pattaya need residency certificate and medical certificate.

some reported no medical but I changed from 2 to 5 years and they wanted it .this was about 3-5 months ago

if using old WP , no need for residency but with new WP I am not sure 

I will be going to Changwattana.

Last time I renewed in Issan, I had to sit in a room with 30 others , watch a video (90% got their mobiles out & started playing games) then do a reaction test ---how quickly I could stamp on the peddle when the light changes---that was after 20 + years of Thai driving licenses.

I do wish they would ask the hopefuls--who has the right of way at a roundabout.....seems so difficult for Thais to work this one out.

Residency-- I always take my yellow book if I am going to any Gov Dept.

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

Last time I renewed in Issan, I had to sit in a room with 30 others , watch a video (90% got their mobiles out & started playing games) then do a reaction test ---how quickly I could stamp on the peddle when the light changes---that was after 20 + years of Thai driving licenses.

I do wish they would ask the hopefuls--who has the right of way at a roundabout.....seems so difficult for Thais to work this one out.

Residency-- I always take my yellow book if I am going to any Gov Dept.

I don't have a yellow book, am on a multiple entry non imm visa.