Etihad

onzestan

Hi onzestan, I'm a frequent flyer with Etihad and they recently put me up in the "Oryx Hotel".

I usually have a stop over in Abu Dhabi, but only for transit purposes, then fly on to either Bangkok or London.

On my last flight, which was 3 weeks ago, I stopped in Abu Dhabi, only to realise that I had an 8hr wait for my connecting flight to the UK. I approached the Etihad guest desk and asked them what I was supposed to do for the next 8hrs. "Dont worry sir", was their reply, "we have a hotel reserved for you". Well I was completely and utterly surprised by this. The lady at the desk told me I would have to clear customs first, where there would be someone waiting for me on the other side, who would then take me to my transport. Transport was my own Mercedes limo which proceeded to take me to the Oryx Hotel. I was told this was normally reserved for their business and first class guests. Why I deserved this I dont know. The room was spectacular and I really appreciated the opportunity to have a hot shower and get my head down for 3 hrs. I was woken at 6am and another Mercedes limo was waiting for me downstairs where it rushed me back to the airport, and connecting flight.

Apparently there was another guest on my flight staying at the same hotel, but instead of putting us in the same car, we each had our own Merc.

I have always raved on about the service supplied by Etihad and that no other airline comes close at present, but this was an extra I certainly didnt expect, and all paid for by Etihad.

I am aware that there is a hotel situated in the airport, but do not know much about it so I cant help you there. I'm guessing that it is also for business and first class passengers. Hope this helps

www.oryxhotel.ae

Guemlum

Hi onzestan, I'm a frequent flyer with Etihad and they recently put me up in the "Oryx Hotel".

I usually have a stop over in Abu Dhabi, but only for transit purposes, then fly on to either Bangkok or London.

On my last flight, which was 3 weeks ago, I stopped in Abu Dhabi, only to realise that I had an 8hr wait for my connecting flight to the UK. I approached the Etihad guest desk and asked them what I was supposed to do for the next 8hrs. "Dont worry sir", was their reply, "we have a hotel reserved for you". Well I was completely and utterly surprised by this. The lady at the desk told me I would have to clear customs first, where there would be someone waiting for me on the other side, who would then take me to my transport. Transport was my own Mercedes limo which proceeded to take me to the Oryx Hotel. I was told this was normally reserved for their business and first class guests. Why I deserved this I dont know. The room was spectacular and I really appreciated the opportunity to have a hot shower and get my head down for 3 hrs. I was woken at 6am and another Mercedes limo was waiting for me downstairs where it rushed me back to the airport, and connecting flight.

Apparently there was another guest on my flight staying at the same hotel, but instead of putting us in the same car, we each had our own Merc.

I have always raved on about the service supplied by Etihad and that no other airline comes close at present, but this was an extra I certainly didnt expect, and all paid for by Etihad.

I am aware that there is a hotel situated in the airport, but do not know much about it so I cant help you there. I'm guessing that it is also for business and first class passengers. Hope this helps

www.oryxhotel.ae

Guemlum

Thank's very much indeed.

It's my first time with Etihad, and I have had some small problems with rescheduling but everything has been sorted now.

I have been awarded an STPC because of all this previous rescheduling, and because I did not accept

their latest change to flights with only 1 hour stopover in AUH.

Again thank you for your info

Cheers

Onzestan

I can't remember the name but it is actually part of the terminal. You do not even go through passport control to get to it. It's about 100 m from the gates and duty free shops. Not quite the luxury i expected of Dubai.

That's not all that you don't remember. Emirates fly to Dubai. Etihad, Abu Dhabi.

Etihad use more than one hotel. Expect three star facilities.

Me and the wife flew with Etihad and I must say that I found them excellent.

It seems that Etihad want to be NO 1 carrirer from the middle east and deservidly so.

The plane from london was brand new-quality,abu dabi well that was a relaxed airport,connections were excellant 1hr ish

Well reconmended,will use again for sure.

delboy

Guemlum

you actually managed to get a timely & civil reply from the Etihad desk at AUH? My, you did well.

Having passed through there many times, i've only needed to visit the desk on 2 occasions. On both i had a long wait to speak to someone (whilst many other staff were nonchalently shuffling papers) & then i had difficulty, if not an impossibility, to get the correct information.

On the one occasion, the information was just plain wrong. It was the day before the new BKK airport opened. I asked which airport we were going to & was told definately the new one. In disbelief i returned to the desk later and asked a different person, who made a phone call, "The new one, sure"!

As luck would have it, i bumped into the pilot, as you would expect, he knew where we were going "Don Muang.... for the last time."

Meanwhile frantic sms going back & forward to the TGF who had arranged to meet me at Don Muang!

However, in support of Etihad planes are excellent & time keeping good. I will continue to use them.