Fake visas and work permits: Visa officer and associate at top Bangkok school arrested

webfact

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

So .... those of you who have gone through 'agents' - is your stamp real and proper?

Won't you be a little worried when a real immigration officer has a look through your passport?

Is it worth the risk?

They have now arrested an officer at CW - how deep will this go? and if your extension/visa was processed by the same guy, then there may be a knock on your door. ????

Good luck to you all.

So the answer is easy, use a reputable agent that has proven they have the 'right' connections. Many are out there. This article was about a one off 'front' company, not the same. Have a good one!

Edited by mikeymike100
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

My papers are all in order which is why I've never needed to use an agent. Dissappointed?

Not at all. Glad that you are taking the legal route, unlike people who go through agents, and are contributing to an otherwise straightforward procedure being made difficult, because of the need to push for backhanders. Well done. ????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Man stop dreaming, that's blatant corruption and absolutely ILLEGAL. 

Not knowing about it doesn't protect you, that's not how law works.

And don't act like you don't know, no one is buying that. Nor will the immigration cops, they aren't stupid either.

In what kind of fantasy world are u guys even living... 

This guys friend also thaught he's clever: https://www.thethailandlife.com/illegal-thai-visa

In reality only the ones who don't open themselves up to beeing blackmailed are clever.

So Thomas you are saying all cops including immigration cops are 100% trustworthy and not corrupt in any way a will not accept a bribe?? Itr you who is dreaming my friend. Most of the stuff that goes on in Thailand is illegal in one form or another.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thequietman said:

unlike people who go through agents, and are contributing to an otherwise straightforward procedure being made difficult, because of the need to push for backhanders. Well done.

On that we can agree. Recently went for my extension at Jomtien. Asked an IO if I had the correct documents (I knew I had) . "Not easy" he replied, and offered me his phone number. Certainly a lot of the difficulties created by IOs is due to them trying to force people down the agency route. Less people requiring extensions now so their nice little earner has been reduced, but they still need to keep the payments up on the Merc.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Not the first time or the last that locals are taking advantage of foreigners and dubbing them with fake this and that, foreigners in this country are fair game and crimes against them doesn't seems to carry the same severity as crimes against Thais, be interesting to see what punishment will be matted to those two crooks...

Many have more money than patience.

32 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Not at all. Glad that you are taking the legal route, unlike people who go through agents, and are contributing to an otherwise straightforward procedure being made difficult, because of the need to push for backhanders. Well done. ????

You didn't read the OP correctly. The story is about officers in a school (not immigration officers) faking documents to take to Laos to get their Non B visa. The story has got nothing to do with so called "fake visa's" or so called "fake extensions of stay". You decided to go on a rant about people who choose to use an agent to get their extension of stay. An extension of stay gained through an agent is exactly the same as one that you would get if you did the application yourself. There is nothing fake about it, the officer who signs it off has used his discretion to wiave certain requirements, which he is allowed to do. There is nothing at all to worry about. For one reason or another some people choose not to deposit 800k in a Thai bank account and refuse to transfer 65k monthly from abroad. 

I have never used an agent, but I will this year. For a pefectly legal extension of stay for 13k, its a no brainer.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Well you haven't managed it in this thread. Totally implausible. 555

No -- in some cases, when a bribe is paid to a public official via an intermediary, it may be difficult to trace the actual benefit back to the payer of the bribe. But in this case, the IMM official's signature and stamp is right there in the plunker's passport.

Edited by SkyFax

As long as the fee per the Immigration Act is 1900 baht

Section 35. The Director-General or the competent official designated by
the Director-General shall have power to permit an alien, who has entered the Kingdom for a temporary stay ....

OMIT

Each application of an alien for extension of temporary stay shall be made in
the form and with payment of fees as prescribed in the Ministerial Regulations. 

Rate of fees, working fees, and other expenses 

(3) Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom
under Section 35, per person, each time ------ 2,000 baht 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

So .... those of you who have gone through 'agents' - is your stamp real and proper?

Been saying this many times.. 

Even those who are only paying the agent for assistance, not to fudge the rules, you dont know what or how they go about getting those stamps. 

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's a loophole in the regs that allows the senior IO to waive that requirement. Naughty but legal.

I agree. When I get my extension of stay this year via an agent, the signature on the extension will be the same person who signed it last year when I did it myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

You get the visa stamp from the IO. More recently you need to visit the IO when collecting your passport, to have your photo taken. 100% genuine stamps.

not always.. plenty of people boast on here that they pay the money 'because they can afford it' so as to never have to go near the immigration office.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Which would be the visa agent.

You have knowingly paid the agent to commit a fraudulent act which means that you are as guilty of committing a fraudulent act as the agent is. No if's or but's. Visa cancelled and now in detention waiting to be deported.

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

Won't you be a little worried when a real immigration officer has a look through your passport?

Is it worth the risk?

They have now arrested an officer at CW - how deep will this go? and if your extension/visa was processed by the same guy, then there may be a knock on your door. ????

Good luck to you all.

I don’t get it. Why don’t people that live here just get a Thai wife? I have no idea how I could possibly manage living in Thailand without my awesome wife. She makes life so simple, we do everything legally, and she saves me a boatload of money and hassle. I mean, just for protection, you really do need a Thai wife. I know people that have been in Thailand 15+ years on E-visas and I’m always blown away how they’ve managed to survive here. I always ask, why don’t you have a Thai wife? 15 years and no Thai wife??? Mind blowing. One guy I know doesn’t have a Thai wife because he’s not attracted to Asians. Lol. I’m always like, wait, you live in Thailand but you’re not attracted to Asians??? Makes no sense. Must be torture.

The supply of beautiful and smart Thai women is endless so there really is no excuse. The ratio of straight guys that are not monks to women is insane. Living in Thailand as a straight male is like God Mode. 

You guys are looking in all the wrong places if all you keep landing is Bar Girls. Go to Business / Entrepreneurial Meetups in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket. Find a sharp lady that runs a successful business. The ones that are in the medical and supplement industry are loaded beyond belief. Or better, land a hi-so Thai girl. Put in the effort. It’s worth it. Thai girls are the best. Especially the smart ones with money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Duck J Butters said:

I don’t get it. Why don’t people that live here just get a Thai wife? I have no idea how I could possibly manage living in Thailand without my awesome wife. She makes life so simple, we do everything legally, and she saves me a boatload of money and hassle. I mean, just for protection, you really do need a Thai wife. I know people that have been in Thailand 15+ years on E-visas and I’m always blown away how they’ve managed to survive here. I always ask, why don’t you have a Thai wife? 15 years and no Thai wife??? Mind blowing. One guy I know doesn’t have a Thai wife because he’s not attracted to Asians. Lol. I’m always like, wait, you live in Thailand but you’re not attracted to Asians??? Makes no sense. Must be torture.

The supply of beautiful and smart Thai women is endless so there really is no excuse. The ratio of straight guys that are not monks to women is insane. Living in Thailand as a straight male is like God Mode. 

You guys are looking in all the wrong places if all you keep landing is Bar Girls. Go to Business / Entrepreneurial Meetups in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket. Find a sharp lady that runs a successful business. The ones that are in the medical and supplement industry are loaded beyond belief. Or better, land a hi-so Thai girl. Put in the effort. It’s worth it. Thai girls are the best. Especially the smart ones with money.

Some people just don't want to be married/attached, myself included. Also, marriages don't always work out well, even if she's not an ex bar-girl!

Also, when married you're reliant on someone else for your status. I have two old friends who were on marriage visas and switched to retirement visas.

Edited by Andrew65
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

But how dumb is it to pay between 20,000 and 50,000 baht when a little patience and understanding you can do by yourself

Fool and his money etc etc…

Why is it dumb? They are teachers who want work permits but can’t get them as they probably don’t have degrees. If someone say they can fix it and get you a wp for 20000 then that seems like a good trade if you believe they are doing it through genuine channels.

12 minutes ago, Duck J Butters said:

I agree there are some amazing Thai woman in Thailand. They are smart, loyal and playful. 
Compared to the lazy arrogant trolls indigenous to the UK there really is no comparison.