Star Asset Real Estate Agents

dressedingreen

Yes!!!

The company has several offices, and they might have different managers and have different rules to follow.

I had a house for sale through them at a set price 2.8M + 100K commission = 2.9M. I set the price low to get offers FAST!!!

They showed the house to someone and asked for 3.1M. The buyer accepted it. I told them the sale was with the company, not of the property, but of the company shares being transferred. I already had a contract written for the sale on a Friday. On the day to accept a deposit, the contract that I had written had been played with in order to make it a sale of a house, not of the shares of the company. The "lawyer" who is an agent or an owner there or??? made some other changes to the contract as well, after he had agreed fully with the contract. He said that he simply wanted to print it on his letterhead. He is a pile o sh$t. On that day, in the first agent's office, the one with whom we had originally listed the home (who Star had brought the buyer to), I had to then run to an internet cafe to make the changes back.

I told him that there was no confusion over this, and that he had changed the contract and the price knowing full well what the agreement had been. I told him that I was willing to accept 2.9 in my pocket, and that he and the other agent could keep the 200,000. (This was Star and not the other agent who created the mess.) I was to receive the 300,000 deposit, but lo and behold, on payday, I saw a check for 200,000 baht.

Now, as I was selling the house for one price, and STAR was selling it for another, and STAR wanted to make sure that I would not meet the buyer, I had to have one contract with STAR and STAR had to have a contract with the buyer.

Three weeks into this, I received a call from an English man working with their company. He told me that the buyer would like to extend the 6 weeks until final payment to two months. I told him that he could do so, but he would have to deposit an additional 100,000 which would go against the balance, and also pay 20,000 / month as (rent, interest) on the remaining 2.8M as I could no longer sell the house to anyone else and I could not rent it either. The English man working for STAR told me he would look into it.

This is happening because the buyer could not get a mortgage. I do not know who told him about getting a mortgage, but my money is that it is one of the parties involved here, and it was not me.

Later in the week, said Englishman asks me about waiting five months for the final payment. Once again, I inform him that I want 100,000 additional deposit and 20,000 / month for late payment on 2.9M The Englishman for STAR tells me that the buyer does not have the money and will be going to his lawyer over this. I told him that I had a contract which I was following.

On about week number 4, the English man called me again to tell me that he had spoken to the buyer and the buyer's lawyer and that those two were going to go to the police over my being in breach of item 4 of the contract; not taking the house off the market. At that point, I changed my tone and let him know that

1. I had emailed all of the agents who had formerly been trying to sell the house.

2. I had not put the pictures up at Friendship or Carrefour any longer.

3. I received an offer from a looker who saw the house before STAR, and turned their offer down. This buyer who made an offer is also an agent in town.

4. I added to it that I did not have a contract with the buyer, but with STAR and that I was in complete compliance with the contract, and if the client would like to go to the police station, I would be very happy to appear there and file a claim against him for filing a false police report.

(I had a Thai woman who had lived in the USA 18 years who was buying two houses from me many months earlier who had the deposits, but did not have the cash for the final payment.) She broke the contract and lost her 200K. She went to the police station late one afternoon and made up a fabulous story about my cheating her and not being the rightful owner of the properties. I went in the next day with my lawyer, and after three hours, the very young policeman allowed me to go without posting bail or leaving a guarantee. The problem was that a police report had already been filed the night before, and as I was not there to dispute it, it was registered.

I arrived the next morning, and upon showing the land title deeds, was seen to be the rightful owner, but as the report had already been filed, and my lawyer was a bit of an idiot, the report still went through the channels to the public prosecutors office where it was dropped.

I was in no mood to hear from a farang about how I was in breach of contract after the stunt that STAR was trying to pull.

The buyer never came up with the money, but I was at the commercial office in Chonburi to make the change of shares just like the contract said I would be. I told STAR that I would be there and would they show up. They told me that they would not, but refused to put it in writing, so I wasted a morning going up there.

Now, my experience may not be indicative of the experiences that many others have, but it may be as well.

• 8 months later...

Sorry I missed the replies to this one. I came across them purely by chance, today.

This company is surpassing its former dealings with their most recent bodged work at their site in Takhiantia (Bussaba Mintra). They have gone through 3 lawyers since March 2007. All (they say) have left with money that belonged to the company (they mean 'to the client').

Buyer beware!!

DIG