New Toyota Majesty vs Used Toyota Alphard

Crash999

Thoughts? The Majesty looks interesting. New model, looks nice in person, and a good value compared with the Alphard. Overall seems to be a level up on the H1 and Grand Carnival in terms of comfort and features.

Downside is the Majesty is enormous. During the week we have a driver but on the weekend I drive us around. Also it's based on a Hiace whereas the Alphard is based on a Camry, so in theory the Alphard should be a better ride.

We are three adults, one kid, and a driver. From time to time there would be two more adults (if there's space).

Will check them out this weekend.

Agree, a very interesting alternative to the very (IMHO) over priced Alphard / Vellfire. The key issue would be the driving experience. The H1, which I have driven, and the Kia also seems to offer a decent (comparable with a saloon car or real SUV) driving position and comfort. The key weakness of all the Hiace derivations is a cramped, upright and truck / van like driving experience. If that is resolved the Majesty could be a game changer. Let us know your thoughts after you check it out 

• 4 months later...

I have bought one.

Base model, mainly due to the fact that the next model up (Premium) is about 200k extra for 2 x electric passenger seats, electrically operated side doors and some upgrades in interior visuals. Almost everything else is the same.

Due to collect it in 2 weeks.

Waiting list was 6 months.

Was looking at a new Alphard, but its ridiculously expensive.

Korat.

Edited by soihok
Double entry..