Verification of money

46 minutes ago, Humpy said:

how long does it take for 'Government verification' before it gets to my account  ?  

if you mean for the bank to ring you and ask what the purpose of the funds are it will be as soon as they arrive - as long as they have your contact details.....However the staff in the FX dept. at the Bangkok head office don't usually work weekends. 

Normal SWIFT from UK to Thailand 1-3 working days in my experience although your bank may quote longer.

If it's under the equivalent of 50,000 US Dollars, I am pretty sure there is no requirement for any further check, so it will be processed on arrival if you use SWIFT.

Alternatively, use TransferWise and get an even better rate and more money in your Thai bank account despite their larger sending fees.

There is no Thai govt verification.   Now banks are supposedly still req'd to generate a FET for amounts over 50K USD equivalent but that more for the customer than the govt.   A bank can put on hold "any" incoming amount if they have an issue with the transfer like a name mismatch, suspect of the transfer, etc.   Also, keep in mind that incoming foreign transfers will not post outside of Thai bank business hours/day....like on on a weekend/holiday.