20th Anniversary Of The Chiang Mai Cricket Sixes

miltonbentley

I plan on coming along to watch, use to play 30 Kilos ago :o .

Played in an annual six a side tournment in Houston with a similar format, great fun.

Unfortunetly will miss the final couple of days as i fly back to the UK for 6 months on the 5th :D

The 20th Annual Chiang Mai Cricket Sixes starts on Sunday at the Gymkhana Club. It should be a week long mammoth party and a great experience for both afficianados and newcomers to the game a like.

Anyone out there planning to play or watch?

havent been for a look but will try to make an effort this year.

btw what time of day do they start and finish? would imagine it would be fairly uncomfortable pretty quickly running between wickets in this heat.

It should be a week long mammoth party

How is the mammoth going to cope in this weather?

Do we have to play or watch the cricket or can we just drink the beer?

Enquiring minds want to know :D

CB

The mammoth will cope fime we will shave him down first.

Solely concerning yourself with beer drinking is permissible in fact it's encoraged

So there are in fact three in this crowd. :D
Rass, you should come and widen your sporting knowledge. Cricket should appeal to a cerebral fellow like yourself :D
havent been for a look but will try to make an effort this year.

btw what time of day do they start and finish? would imagine it would be fairly uncomfortable pretty quickly running between wickets in this heat.

Don, matches start at 8.30 and play finishes at 6. They're only 5 over games and you have to retire at 30 running about should be limited . I certainly hope so anyway although I have never scored 30 in my life so I see know reason to start now. :o

Edited by miltonbentley

Seems a bit odd that no-one has started a topic on this world reknown event in the cricketing world. Or maybe I haven't checked the forum for a few daze and have missed it.

I am, sadly not in Chiang Mai at present to attend the great occasion of the 20th Anniversary, a big disappointment as I have been involved in the event over the past many years.

I understand that a great CM personality has been featured on the promotional posters and the Official Program. Wonder who that could be? :o

Edited by Blinky Bill

As a heathen American, would be fascinated to see cricket played, and explained to me. I really have no idea. Do I have to dress up in plus-fours, bone up on proper ways to address royalty, maintain a high level of decorum? Hmmm, this could be somewhat problematic. Enquiring minds would like to know....

As a heathen American, would be fascinated to see cricket played, and explained to me. I really have no idea. Do I have to dress up in plus-fours, bone up on proper ways to address royalty, maintain a high level of decorum? Hmmm, this could be somewhat problematic. Enquiring minds would like to know....

This is probably one of the best ways to learn about cricket and why it fascinates the civilised part of the world leaving the rest to play rounders for grownups :o

The number of runs is limited, the number of overs (how many times the team bowls - throws - pitches the ball) is limited, the talent playing is limited, and the fun unlimited. Leave the four day test series cricket until you are reincarnated into a cricket playing nation like Australia.

The event will be a lot of fun, highly entertaining, and interesting - if all else fails you can even watch the game being played.

For your edification - plus fours are reserved for golfers who are either REALLY good or total wan*kers

It is unlikely that the event will attract royalty but if you keep your eyes open there may be a few queens wandering around on the prowl for a loose ball

A high level of decorum is not to be maintained at any cost - obviously you have never experienced the crowd at the Sydney cricket ground - especially on the hill where the national sport is drunken disorder and abusing the English team as rubbish - well it keeps the crowd amused for a half hour or so until the English team are all dismissed for the usual paultry number of runs.

I hope this alleviates you concerns and you join the mass of cricket loving maniacs for the event.

Unfortunately I am not able to attend due to the unfortunate fact that I am working but I strongly suggest you avail yourself of this opportunity to see Cricket as it really should be played - drunk and having fun

Cheers and good luck to all participants

CB

Edited by Crow Boy

The Tournament is now well underway and is a huge success. So far played 3 lost 3 so a strong possibility my team will record some kind of record by the end of the week.

We are holding our own in the drinking however and every morning it hurts. :o

If you haven't been yet please come down the the Gymkhana Club for an excellent time

Has anyone got a schedule of events? Never been but am keen for a peek.

In the meantime, for a brief intro to the game, try this:

http://www.stickcricket.com/

Great fun smashing the ball and shattering the scoreboard, but humiliating to get bowled by Phill Tuffnell.

They have an excellent website here: www.chiangmaisixes.com

Edited by Das65

The Tournament is now well underway and is a huge success. So far played 3 lost 3 so a strong possibility my team will record some kind of record by the end of the week.

Ahh the English are nothing if not consistent :D

We are holding our own in the drinking however and every morning it hurts. :o

Andy Flintoff would be proud :D

If you haven't been yet please come down the the Gymkhana Club for an excellent time

I wish I could come and participate but alas can not due to work commitments

Have fun guys

CB

Have fun guys

CB

Come on, admit it. It's not the work, you're still sulking about the Crows getting done last weekend.

Edited by Boksida

Have fun guys

CB

Come on, admit it. It's not the work, you're still sulking about the Crows getting done last weekend.

Much as I miss him I am glad AussieThaid was not there to watch the game with me - it would have been unbearable :o

I am also glad he hasn't got access to the net and will be back in another 5 weeks by which time the wheels will have fallen of the Essendon wagon and the Mighty Crows are back to full form (hope/pray).

And yes I am still sulking about the way the crows played on the weekend, have fun at the cricket

CB