Oz Embassy , Cost Of Certification Of Copies

Hi All

Does anyone know what the Oz embassy charge to certify the required photo copies of papers submitted for immigration visas etc.

Any replies appreciated.

Regards

JT

Yep, have their email in front of me,I have to go do mine next week........

Witness to your signature on a stat dec......THB 540

True copies of statements..........................THB 810 per copy

Off Hrs 08-30-----1630 no appointment necessary

Hi All

Does anyone know what the Oz embassy charge to certify the required photo copies of papers submitted for immigration visas etc.

Any replies appreciated.

Regards

JT

Hi Ozzydam

Thanks for your reply. Just so I understand you correctly. We have probably 25 or more different sheets of documentation that need to be certified. Are you telling me they charge 810 bht per copy, in addition to the huge fee they already charge for the application fee?

If so that is the biggest wrought ive ever heard of.

Appreciate your reply.

JT

Now you know why very few people use the Embassy for copying documents.

There are copying/translating services available in various parts of Thailand that charge only a fraction of what the Oz Embassy charge.

For example, the Thai Passport Office, Bangkok, has a copying/translating service available. Some travel agents in Pattaya provide these services also.

Australian residents wishing to support their partner's application would be advised to get as much copying and witnessing of Stat. Decs. done in Oz before travelling to Thailand. In Oz it can all be done free of charge.

Hi All

Any replies appreciated.

Regards

JT

Hi Ozzydam

Thanks for your reply. Just so I understand you correctly. We have probably 25 or more different sheets of documentation that need to be certified. Are you telling me they charge 810 bht per copy, in addition to the huge fee they already charge for the application fee?

If so that is the biggest wrought ive ever heard of.

Appreciate your reply.

JT

Totally agree,I think a true copy is one copied,stamped and certified by the Embassy as being a copy of the original document,but I think for an application a normal 3bht copy signed by you would suffice ,ecspecially if you have the original to show them.

Cheers

If your applying for a spouse visa (or any visa except for a tourist visa, i mean a visa you can submit at the EMBASSY, not VFS), you take the copies and THE ORIGINALS to the embassy when you submit the visa and it won't cost you a thing, thats what we did!

If you go to the VFS, you will need to provide allready certified copies, allready done at your own cost.

Lodging at the Embassy is better on every aspect, its more convienent, more friendly and you will feel better. You will meet your case officer and give all your doccuments to her. Then you tell her you need her to certify some doccuments that you haven't had time to do. She will take the copies and originals into a room, look at them and then certify them, free of charge!

We had alot of doccuments we hadnt certified, about 15, so we took about 10,000 THB to pay for the embassy to do it, but our case officer did it for free! Try that before you pay.....................

They also accepted our certified copies from a Thai school principal

Edited by aussiestyle1983

If your applying for a spouse visa (or any visa except for a tourist visa, i mean a visa you can submit at the EMBASSY, not VFS), you take the copies and THE ORIGINALS to the embassy when you submit the visa and it won't cost you a thing, thats what we did!

If you go to the VFS, you will need to provide allready certified copies, allready done at your own cost.

Lodging at the Embassy is better on every aspect, its more convienent, more friendly and you will feel better. You will meet your case officer and give all your doccuments to her. Then you tell her you need her to certify some doccuments that you haven't had time to do. She will take the copies and originals into a room, look at them and then certify them, free of charge!

We had alot of doccuments we hadnt certified, about 15, so we took about 10,000 THB to pay for the embassy to do it, but our case officer did it for free! Try that before you pay.....................

They also accepted our certified copies from a Thai school principal

Thankyou so much for your reply. This is great news. We are getting the paperwork translated here in Chiangmai as we speak for around 200 bht per page which i think is reasonable compared with most of the translation services we have asked. I will certainly take your advice and try our luck getting the papers certified at the embassy free of charge. I have been corresponding with a very efficient Thai lady at the embassy who answers my e mails on the same day i send them and she will be taking care of our case. She called me from the embassy and gave me an interview on the telephone to help me with the application. I have been more than impressed with her and will not be going anywhere else but through her with our application.