Tourist Visa Or Fiance Visa?

Hi Everybody,

Apologies if this has been covered before but a search of the site has not produced the info I need so I hope you can help.

I met a Thai lady about 18 months ago and we continued a relationship whilst I was back in the UK. I moved to Thailand in November 06 and now have a full time job with my own company set up, work permit, pay my taxes etc and all above board.

I will be returning to the Uk in November to get another Non Imm B visa and would like to take my girlfriend with me for a short holiday. You know, meet the parents etc.

She has visited her sister twice in Holland on a Schengen visa in the last few years so already has a passport. She does not work for anybody, just a small cash business she runs from home, so we cannot prove a job as such - although I could employ her at my company if needed.

I guess my concern is that, as I am now resident here, I have no way to prove I have funds or residence in the UK. Will this make things difficult with the UK embassy? I suppose the fact that I have a business here would help to prove my and hers need to return?

Would I be best to apply for a fiance visa?

Any and all advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

HoJo

Howard,

If all you intend is a visit, then that is the class of visa for which your g/f should apply.

That she has previously visited the Netherlands and you have a business (and presumably a work permit) in Thailand will assist in the process. You will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds for the trip, somewhere to stay, and your g/f intends to leave the UK at the end of the holiday. Provide an invitation letter from the people with whom you'll be staying, evidence of your business in Thailand, your bank statements, evidence of ownership/rental of the place where you stay in Thailand, and evidence that your relationship has been ongoing for 18 months.

Scouse.

HoJo,

Yours is a very simple case , and you will have no trouble getting a visit visa for your girlfriend as long as you can PROVE you have sufficient funds to pay for both of you , somewhere to stay that is big enough to accomodate you both without overcrowding, and also prove your status in Thailand and your relationship.

What made you think about going for a fiancee visa when all you want is a visit?

...What made you think about going for a fiancee visa when all you want is a visit?

Sukhumvit barstool talk that a Thai woman cannot get a tourist visa for anywhere. An urban myth well and truly busted here at TV (home of the visa Mythbusters). :o

Good on the OP for asking.

TH

Edited by thaihome

...What made you think about going for a fiancee visa when all you want is a visit?

Sukhumvit barstool talk that a Thai woman cannot get a tourist visa for anywhere. An urban myth well and truly busted here at TV (home of the visa Mythbusters). :o

Good on the OP for asking.

TH

LOL! You are very right! I was advised by a friend that it may be easier to go with the Fiance visa rather than tourist.

To the others, thanks for your input. I'll be starting the process next week.

Cheers!

HoJo

Yes thats what i thought . Another person nearly forced into marriage when all they want is a visit visa. Nice system we have :o

This hardly deserves a riposte Alas, but, it is not the system at fault but Suk Barstool as admitted, if you ask the right questions of the right people or access the right information tools, there is no need to perpetuate the, ' all is wrong with the system', stuck needle mantra.

You did the right thing Howard, asking the right people.

Good Luck with getting the right visa.

Moss