Coronavirus: Overstay fines waived for people caught up in flight delays

webfact

Coronavirus: Overstay fines waived for people caught up in flight delays

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang has decided to waive the standard overstay fines for people who are experiencing flight delays due to cancelations after the outbreak of the coronavirus. 

Wuhan airport and several others in China are closed meaning that many people currently in Thailand will face unexpected delays. 

Daily News reported that Big Oud's media and public relations teams headed by Maj-Gen Surapong Chaijan were in full swing yesterday informing the public of the measures they are taking at five international airports in Thailand. 

1pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Visitors are met by immigration officers in masks and a barrage of questions about where they have come from and their health status. 

Anyone selected from the initial screening or with symptoms such as a temperature over 38 C, dry cough or breathing difficulties is being pulled aside for further analysis by medical personnel. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-28
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang has decided to waive the standard overstay fines for people who are experiencing flight delays due to cancelations after the outbreak of the coronavirus. 

You know, I could read that as "waive the standard overstay fine" and what?  Double it?

• Sad 2

Delays??  Simple; if they cannot return to Wuhan etc

- it is because the Flight does not exist = Cancelled

'Delays' implies people will simply stay in country until the Epidemic has passed?... and to stay in country that long would only happen, if they were patients locked awy in quarantine/hospital

Visitors are met by immigration officers in masks and a barrage of questions about where they have come from and their health status.

Only one IO with a safe N95 mask, while all the other IO are wearing a useless 10 Bht mask, that will offer them next to no protection. 

I've read that the corona virus size from coughing and normal breathing is about 1/3rd the size of PM2.5 particulate matter.. N95 masks are the safest, but not 100%.. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, owenm said:

Only one IO with a safe N95 mask, while all the other IO are wearing a useless 10 Bht mask, that will offer them next to no protection. 

And even that mask seems to be the one with the one way flapper valve. It's good when you're working with something dusty, but offers a straight path to outside the mask which opens with every breath. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Very charitable...

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

And even that mask seems to be the one with the one way flapper valve. It's good when you're working with something dusty, but offers a straight path to outside the mask which opens with every breath. 

True but it's open because the wearer is exhaling.  Air out so unlikely for things to be pulled in I would think?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

True but it's open because the wearer is exhaling.  Air out so unlikely for things to be pulled in I would think?

Right at the end of each cycle just before the flapper closes. Doesn't take much for a few droplets to get in. The models without the valve are better and they need to be airtight around the skin. Those green loose things the others are wearing are better than nothing, I suppose.

• Like 1

Yes Big Out: keep on thinking to fine people who can't fly back because their flights canceled or delayed due to a pandemia sure not caused by these individuals!

That's the Welcome Smile Thailand????

That's anoing people, guests! How you should treat guests ???

I think Thailand forgot completely  about their own old roots due to more and more stupid, shelfished and brainless people working for the government!!!!

6 hours ago, justin case said:

what about us -forced- border runners?    

I cannot go to immigration, they are hostile, do not want to help, find excuses or my ex is withholding important documents that even court cannot force her to give... 

How is that related to the OP?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, owenm said:

I've read that the corona virus size from coughing and normal breathing is about 1/3rd the size of PM2.5 particulate matter.. N95 masks are the safest, but not 100%.. 

Thats so scary. I read that an estimated 90thousand potentially  positive chinese with no symptoms yet have already been overseas by now! 

The sad part is they have  to announce  ssomething basic common sense like this.   A nice civilized country would just be assumed to do something that's so obviously right.  And 2nd sad thing is all of you missed this. 

6 hours ago, owenm said:

The virus itself may be tiny, but it's not floating around in the air by itself. It's contained within larger sized excretions from people coughing and sneezing, etc. The N95 masks are capable of largely preventing that kind of exposure, if properly worn and fitted.

However, the same kind of airborne material also can land on the surfaces of people's eyes, if uncovered, and cause exposure thru that means as well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

However, the same kind of airborne material also can land on the surfaces of people's eyes, if uncovered, and cause exposure thru that means as well.

Or the person touches a contaminated mask with his hand while removing it for, say, to show the face to the IO's camera and then proceeds to touch his eyes or nose because the metal strip in the mask tends to make your nose itchy. One needs to be really thinking of the movements if it's to be effective.

Do they offer hand sanitizer at the IO booths yet? Should have a huge barrel of the stuff on both sides of the booth.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Do they offer hand sanitizer at the IO booths yet? Should have a huge barrel of the stuff on both sides of the booth.

All kinds of places (airports, malls, Immigration, etc) CLAIM to be making hand sanitizer available to their patrons. But as I've been out and around, and going in and out of many places in BKK the past couple days, I'm, not seeing much evidence of that in reality thus far. At least, not yet.

Typically here, the talk far exceeds the performance.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Elkski said:

The sad part is they have  to announce  ssomething basic common sense like this.   

You think better if NOT announce? Secret

shhhhh

A nice civilized country would just be assumed to do something that's so obviously right.

Ok, because we tell you we not civilized? We do it same civilized country, but say it and we not civilized right? 

shhhhhh

And 2nd sad thing is all of you missed this. 

Don’t be sad.