Illogical Thailand

mrt273nva

I am a U.S.A citizen. I know very well that their is racism in U.S.A. However, it seems to me that you are benefiting significantly Thai Goon from your association with this racist American country. If you find the U.S.A so objectionable, I invite you to return to Thailand, which is where I would rather be myself. Their must be something of great value as compared to Thailand for you to remain in a country that you so much disdain.

You obviously misunderstood me completely. I like America. I'm just pointing out some of its shortcomings.

Let us examine the notion of racism further. It seems to me that Thailand is also a very racist country. You know very well how darker skined Thais are treated. This is Thai racism. Also int Thailand to my sorrow their seems to ba alot of racism against foreighners. Thasi think that they are better than others simply because they are Thais. I won't deny the truth that many Amereicans have the same attitude towards non Americas/U.S.A. In Thailand we all know that when it comes to justice foreigner are treated differently than Thais. This is a form of prejudice and injustice. If I get stopped by my local Police Officer I would not dream of offering a bribe or expect that simply because I come from an accoplished family that I won't face the same consequences as any law breaker.

You are right. There's some type of racism in Thailand as well. But I'm pretty sure that it's not as extreme as the kind practiced by a wellknown organization like KKK over here.

Edited by ThaiGoon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept your view Thai Goon. But then we don't prostitute our women as you do in Thailand. And as you have done historically. We all know most prostitutes customers are Thai Men and more power to them! Not that I have anything what so ever against prostitutes. I think we should have the Thai attitude towards prostitution. It is far more enlightened. They just provide a service Mai Pen Rai!

Edited by philliphn

But then we don't prostitute our women as you do in Thailand.

:o:D :D Yeah, I agree it's a lot more expensive over here. (If that's what you meant.)

:D No wonder why you folks elected a good honest straight talking guy like Bush to be your president twice (or once? I'm sorry. He might have stolen the first one.)

Edited by ThaiGoon

As to your reference to the KKK. I don't get your point because the sentence is not gramatically correct. However, I know that some of mine are not, and either I can't spell, or it may be my typing, or bad eye sight, just look at my recent spelling.

But regardless of that. I certainly do regard the KKK as totally disgusting.

I do wonder what the view point of millions ot Thai Muslims in the South would be in regards to Thai racism and violence. Though I must admit to not being fond of the Muslims at this time!

it's a mixed bag. The Thais who have the most animosity toward farang are those who have the most interaction with farang. It works both ways: some of those Thais can admire farang disproportionately, and some of those Thais can hate farang. 'hate' is not an isolated emotion: as it often involves envy and feelings of inadequacy (sp?).

I've had a few isolated incidents of Thais blowing up at me in anger (women as well as men), but it always happened in heavily touristed areas - never in rural areas or small towns far from the maddening crowds - where I most often dwell.

Thais are selfish and subjective, sometimes to a fault - as evidenced by their driving habits. I've had Thai shout in my face from ten inches away, but they didn't even seem to know they were doing it - because they were shouting for someone who happened to be located some distance behind me, and I happened to be standing between the shouter and the shoutee. ...it's as if I were a non-entity at that moment. The shouter wasn't being abjectly mean, they just didn't gauge that the person standing in front of them mattered / or they disregarded there was a person there at all ...or ?!?

I don't know, but I think it is the width that bothers them the most. But I could be wrong.

Like the fella said, we have the money, and their women.... ofcourse they will be angry with falangs.

Even if they really knew, that the money we have was a struggle to obtain, that falangs just don't lay in a hammok all day trying to decide to swat at the fly or just mai pen rai the thing and some how get paid well for this life style in our home lands.

It matters not to them how it was obtained, it just matters that it is there.....

Thai logic, whew... how long is a piece of string?

I really don't wanna burst your bubble and say this....(as it's quite disrespectful to some Thai women.) But majority of Thai women you guys have aren't exactly what I could call real keepers. So I don't think we are that angry to see you with them. Honestly.

So it is the width... I suspected that all along.

My wife, is porbably one of those Keepers.... M.Ed from the US, fluent English, white skin, wealthy family, large business blah blah blah.... But does all that make her a good person? NOPE it sure does not. But under Thai logic, it does automatically. She has got a sister, if you are interested.... you know pay the proper SinSod and the transaction can be completed quick quick.

As to your reference to the KKK. I don't get your point because the sentence is not gramatically correct. However, I know that some of mine are not, and either I can't spell, or it may be my typing, or bad eye sight, just look at my recent spelling.

I missed "not". Just edited it. My typing is really bad. (but actally my English could be worse. :o ) With "not" in there, you might now get what I was saying though. :D

I would say that a rational thought process is an unknown concept to many here, particularly those with lower education. There is little understanding of cause and effect with regard to behavior. I would also say that such conditions are also becoming more numerous in my own home country, so it is not only a Thai problem.

When I first arrived here I used to think that Thailand and Thais were very illogical. Then it dawned on me. This is Thailand. It's me who is illogical to them.

After that, things either started to make sense or, if they didnt, I stopped worrying about them.

Now it's only the farangs who dont make sense to me anymore.

This is a real gem.

I'm going to print it, frame and hang it on the wall.

Thanks and cheers

onzestan

I don't know, but I think it is the width that bothers them the most. But I could be wrong.

Like the fella said, we have the money, and their women.... ofcourse they will be angry with falangs.

Even if they really knew, that the money we have was a struggle to obtain, that falangs just don't lay in a hammok all day trying to decide to swat at the fly or just mai pen rai the thing and some how get paid well for this life style in our home lands.

It matters not to them how it was obtained, it just matters that it is there.....

Thai logic, whew... how long is a piece of string?

I really don't wanna burst your bubble and say this....(as it's quite disrespectful to some Thai women.) But majority of Thai women you guys have aren't exactly what I could call real keepers. So I don't think we are that angry to see you with them. Honestly.

So it is the width... I suspected that all along.

My wife, is porbably one of those Keepers.... M.Ed from the US, fluent English, white skin, wealthy family, large business blah blah blah.... But does all that make her a good person? NOPE it sure does not. But under Thai logic, it does automatically. She has got a sister, if you are interested.... you know pay the proper SinSod and the transaction can be completed quick quick.

So, how much is the asking price (for the sister)?

I would say that a rational thought process is an unknown concept to many here, particularly those with lower education. There is little understanding of cause and effect with regard to behavior. I would also say that such conditions are also becoming more numerous in my own home country, so it is not only a Thai problem.

I roger this, and I wonder if this is a symptom of a broken educational system in the states.

Thaigoon wants to measure intellect now! It is kinda cute really.... Ahh the ptifalls of logic.

Like I said, it must be the width.

You think I want to meaure intellect with you? :D:o (Again, sorry for not having highlighted the word for you. :D )

:D

Racism exists everywhere, especially in Asia, and definitely in Thailand. Thais are evens racist to other Thais, Bangkok Thais feel superior to all of them. I’ve been with them as they make fun of Southern Thais, Northern Thais, Issan Thais, and especially hill tribe people. So if as a farang you expect to come here and get treated equal or special, you’re a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

America clearly understands racism is wrong, and has fought great battles against it. Thank you for that. But for an American to claim to live in the least racist country in the world is nearly as absurd. A huge portion of your entertainment industry is based on racial themes. You never hear a black comic do an act without bringing up race. Your southern states are a disaster in regards to racial tolerance. Canadians have plenty of opportunity to observe American culture and something that is very obvious to us is your obsession with race. Canadians have issues too, we are far from perfect, but I can assure you race is not a common discussion for most of us and I believe there are probably European countries that are doing a better job than we are. America you have not won the war on racism. (PS: philliphn, the term eskimo is considered a racial slur, but Americans keep using the term because its cute)

In Asia we are foreigners, and we have hundreds of years of ambassadors who went before us and established our reputations as invaders, crusaders, thugs, drunks, meatheads, thieves, perverts and snobs. In Thailand you are treated very well considering. In Pakistan nearly every other guy looks at me like they’re gonna cut my throat. Take the good with the bad, and give thanks you can go home if things don’t work out. If a taxi driver went nuts on you in New York you wouldn’t think any thing of it at all.

Racism exists everywhere, especially in Asia, and definitely in Thailand. Thais are evens racist to other Thais, Bangkok Thais feel superior to all of them. I've been with them as they make fun of Southern Thais, Northern Thais, Issan Thais, and especially hill tribe people. So if as a farang you expect to come here and get treated equal or special, you're a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

America clearly understands racism is wrong, and has fought great battles against it. Thank you for that. But for an American to claim to live in the least racist country in the world is nearly as absurd. A huge portion of your entertainment industry is based on racial themes. You never hear a black comic do an act without bringing up race. Your southern states are a disaster in regards to racial tolerance. Canadians have plenty of opportunity to observe American culture and something that is very obvious to us is your obsession with race. Canadians have issues too, we are far from perfect, but I can assure you race is not a common discussion for most of us and I believe there are probably European countries that are doing a better job than we are. America you have not won the war on racism. (PS: philliphn, the term eskimo is considered a racial slur, but Americans keep using the term because its cute)

In Asia we are foreigners, and we have hundreds of years of ambassadors who went before us and established our reputations as invaders, crusaders, thugs, drunks, meatheads, thieves, perverts and snobs. In Thailand you are treated very well considering. In Pakistan nearly every other guy looks at me like they're gonna cut my throat. Take the good with the bad, and give thanks you can go home if things don't work out. If a taxi driver went nuts on you in New York you wouldn't think any thing of it at all.

I had no idea that the word Eskimo was racist. Please, pardon me. May I ask what the correct word is.

I had no idea that the word Eskimo was racist. Please, pardon me. May I ask what the correct word is.

The term that apllies to most is 'Inuit', but we use the term 'first nations people" when we are not sure about their origin.

I know it's complicated, but it seems to be what they prefer.

Racism exists everywhere, especially in Asia, and definitely in Thailand. Thais are evens racist to other Thais, Bangkok Thais feel superior to all of them. I've been with them as they make fun of Southern Thais, Northern Thais, Issan Thais, and especially hill tribe people. So if as a farang you expect to come here and get treated equal or special, you're a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

In Asia we are foreigners, and we have hundreds of years of ambassadors who went before us and established our reputations as invaders, crusaders, thugs, drunks, meatheads, thieves, perverts and snobs. In Thailand you are treated very well considering. In Pakistan nearly every other guy looks at me like they're gonna cut my throat. Take the good with the bad, and give thanks you can go home if things don't work out. If a taxi driver went nuts on you in New York you wouldn't think any thing of it at all.

In a society that prioritizes an indivduals rights over those of the society you are going to get the kind of dialogue you describe. That's what eradicating racism looks like in that kind of society. Would you rather the minister of culture release4 an edict saying racism has now been abolished and the discussion of race issues is now illegal.

BTW, I'm a permanent resident of Canada. Where I lived in BC racism was nearly non existent, because there was but one race.

Thaigoon wants to measure intellect now! It is kinda cute really.... Ahh the ptifalls of logic.

Like I said, it must be the width.

You think I want to meaure intellect with you? :D:o (Again, sorry for not having highlighted the word for you. :D )

:D

Yes, I agree it would be rather, silly.

BTW, I'm a permanent resident of Canada. Where I lived in BC racism was nearly non existent, because there was but one race.

Wow, you must have had some major vision impairment issues while you lived there. BC has a massive Asian population somewhere around 20 percent. and a lot of people from other countries too. Maybe you didn't notice because we don't make a big deal out of it, we look past race.

... They seem unable to take responsibility for their actions. They are oh-so quick to blame someone else for the subsequent consequences or condition(s) brought on by their actions. Any foresight, forethought, or forward looking behavior seems purely dumb luck.

Umm, strangly, I found this kind of people everywhere! Not just Thailand!

It is also foolish to put first world values on a third world country's people,

Yeh! so keep THAT values to yourself and your folks. Don't bring them here.

I am American, I am proud to be from the USA & I refuse to ever lower my standards merely to 'co-exist' peacefully with the munchkins.

Ah! now I've got it. :o

Wow, you must have had some major vision impairment issues while you lived there. BC has a massive Asian population somewhere around 20 percent. and a lot of people from other countries too. Maybe you didn't notice because we don't make a big deal out of it, we look past race.

I agree Canada looked past race when they fast tracked the immigration of the Hong Kong Chinese at 450k - 650k $CDN per head, and it's true there are large populations of asians in the largest cities. I lived in the liberal bastion of SS Island in BC. Lily white hypocrites, all.

Anyway, I didn't mean to drift off topic. Is Thailand illogical? probably not in the context of what the Thai people are aware of. That said, there is a whole lot the Thai people are unaware of. They are deeply rooted in a puyai culture that uses racism, classism, superstition and ignorance to reinforce the social order. Education/reading material that would expose the general populace to other cultural values/systems are not widely available in the Thai language and I'm sure that's for a reason.

Edited by lannarebirth

I agree Canada looked past race when they fast tracked the immigration of the Hong Kong Chinese at 450k - 650k $CDN per head, and it's true there are large populations of asians in the largest cities. I lived in the liberal bastion of SS Island in BC. Lily white hypocrites, all.

From that I forgive your opinion, Snob Spring Island truly is a wretched place not a fair sampling of Canada by any means.

I think there's a lot of ExtraTerrestials on this forum judging by some of the comments here.

There isn't any logic that fits all of us and the best proof of that is right here on this forum.

Mankind must have taken a wrong turn somewhere in it's distant past because we are the most unlogical thing on this planet.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

Cheers

onzestan

I'm interested to know where you've travelled in your young life. My experience is based on either visiting, working, or living in 57 countries. You may have seen more than me and are in a better position to judge, but I doubt it.

Yeah, I'm sure you were in those 57 countries long enough to make that "objective" statement of yours. Let's say you need to be at some place at least a couple of years to really know what's going on there. Judging by your claim, I'd guess that you are probably about 150 years old now? :o

I've travelled to over forty countries, did business in more then twenty five of those, and lived for a year or longer in seven countries.

I fully accept Lannarebirth's point. I'm a very much better person now than I was at Thaigoon's age, having only been on holiday to Spain and Greece.

Lannarebirth makes many good points, on a variety of threads. I don't always agree with him, but I always read his words.

Thaigoon, on the other hand, is o so clearly immature and angry. But, shows signs of intelligence from time to time, and might develope into a well rounded adult in a few years time..

Thaigoon, I left you a message / challenge on the thread about the girl who recently got her arm chopped off in Saraburi. Please have a look and send me your thoughts.