Topsun TS-TLxxx

LukKrueng

I am looking for a small earth tiller cultivator to do rows in small patches instead of using the tractor. Saw the below machine in Australia, and the nearest thing I could find here is the Topsun, but at a smell place and they couldn't provide many details...

20191112_123559.thumb.jpg.2c27af828d54eccaf3164fc31bead79f.jpg

Anybody has any experience with any of the Topsun machines? What kind of attachments they come with or can be bought in Thailand? Any recommended Agro-supplies shop that might have them in Chiang Mai area?

Thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Does Chiang Mai have an agricultural fair coming up.

Saw 4 or 5 different models on display today at Khon Kaen fair.

Only glanced passed them so don't know brand names.

Not that I know of. Maejo fair was cancelled last December due to no budget. I was looking forward to it so I can look at this type of machine as well as branch shredders

• Like 1

10 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Does Chiang Mai have an agricultural fair coming up.

Saw 4 or 5 different models on display today at Khon Kaen fair.

Only glanced passed them so don't know brand names.

Found the pamphlet my son picked up at one stall.

20200129_080920.jpg

But those machines in the pictures are all with open blades.

They leave a rather rough soil structure.

Why is it so hard to find machines which the OP posted at his initial posting?

Here is another sample picture.

1117.jpg

• Like 1

Quote: CLW

Quote.

CLW I am not sure what you mean by "They leave a rather rough soil structure".

The OP asked about an "earth Tiller Cultivator"

I call what I posted a picture of in post#7 a "tilling machine" and what you posted in post#8 a "cultivator"

So I suppose he got the best of both. My explanation why it might be hard to find a cultivator is because here in Thailand there are numerous very small tractor that had rotary cultivator attachments that they use instead of the hand "tractor" cultivator.

If the OP wants a cheap second hand cultivator then I would suggest visiting the website of JSSR Auctions they have many of these for sale at their auctions in Bangkok every month.

In regards to me I also have a cultivator that I tried before I bought my tilling machine but I found it was too difficult to use in my more confined spaces and as it doesn't have a "shroud" over the back of the rotary it threw soil everywhere so I went with the tiller.  I did actually borrow a friends tiller and tried it before I bought my own.

Here's a picture of the cultivator I trialled in belongs to a Thai guy who is a friend of my wife so I don't know where he bought it. It is called "Hercules".

20200130_091550.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OOTAI said:

Quote: CLW

Quote.

CLW I am not sure what you mean by "They leave a rather rough soil structure".

The OP asked about an "earth Tiller Cultivator"

I call what I posted a picture of in post#7 a "tilling machine" and what you posted in post#8 a "cultivator"

So I suppose he got the best of both. My explanation why it might be hard to find a cultivator is because here in Thailand there are numerous very small tractor that had rotary cultivator attachments that they use instead of the hand "tractor" cultivator.

If the OP wants a cheap second hand cultivator then I would suggest visiting the website of JSSR Auctions they have many of these for sale at their auctions in Bangkok every month.

In regards to me I also have a cultivator that I tried before I bought my tilling machine but I found it was too difficult to use in my more confined spaces and as it doesn't have a "shroud" over the back of the rotary it threw soil everywhere so I went with the tiller.  I did actually borrow a friends tiller and tried it before I bought my own.

Here's a picture of the cultivator I trialled in belongs to a Thai guy who is a friend of my wife so I don't know where he bought it. It is called "Hercules".

20200130_091550.jpg

I can confirm that.

Most people I spoke to or saw this type of cultivator I was talking about are second hand imports from Japan.

Seems to be confusion between Cultivators and Tillers !!

"A tiller, an option for heavier jobs, is a gasoline-powered machine with a greater working width than a cultivator. Tillers are more powerful than cultivators and have larger, heavy-duty tines that work the soil.

Front-tine tillers can perform general garden maintenance, such as weeding, soil preparation and composting in small-to-medium-size gardens. These tillers have tines that help move the machine while digging into the soil. Some have the option to engage the tines in forward or reverse.

Rear-tine tillers have engine-driven wheels. These machines are best for larger planting areas. They can have forward-rotating tines that perform well in existing beds for cultivating, weeding and working in compost or, at the end of the season, old vegetation. Rear-tine tillers can also have counter-rotating tines that turn in the opposite direction of the wheels. Counter-rotating tines have more torque for breaking up new ground and can dig deeper into the soil. Some rear-tine tillers offer dual-rotating tines so you can select forward- or counter-rotation to match the work you need to do"

All the machines pictured look like Tillers to me, some front tine and some rear tine..

I guess it depends on the size of your plot and work required. Personally, I'm still on the hunt for a small 2nd hand tractor with implements...

I have a Kubota 3608 so I am not looking for another tractor. When I do first preparation or any large areas I use the tractor, as below.

image.png.68bed37a6b20f173ef8b3c06013efc81.png

But for next crop I'd prefer to just tilt / cultivate row by row instead of doing the full field:

image.png.f0288e124ef55dc7fe0139ae4b397c9f.png 

And if I could find such a machine that can add other equipment such as a grass cutter / mower it will be great for between the trees as now I am doing it with a handheld cutter.

• Like 2

LukKrueng

Now that you have shown what you need in more detail I believe that Ruangsangthai will have something that would suit your needs. I was in Buriram yesterday and went there to look at something else but noticed they have quite an extensive range of tiller/cultivators. Their contact I posted in post #7 above.

If you don't want to buy something new then as I also suggested above have a look at the website for JSSR auctions they sell lots of what they call "hand tractors" at their monthly auctions.

12 hours ago, OOTAI said:

LukKrueng

Now that you have shown what you need in more detail I believe that Ruangsangthai will have something that would suit your needs. I was in Buriram yesterday and went there to look at something else but noticed they have quite an extensive range of tiller/cultivators. Their contact I posted in post #7 above.

If you don't want to buy something new then as I also suggested above have a look at the website for JSSR auctions they sell lots of what they call "hand tractors" at their monthly auctions.

I really prefer to physically see the machine before I by it so buying online is not an option for me. Buriram / BKK are too far and whatever money I might save on the purchase I will spend for the traveling so far. I'll go into Chiang Mai city next week and see what I can find there

• Like 1