Drone video of huge forest fires

CNXexpat

4 minutes ago, fantom said:

The picture is not very clear but that drone seems near the 18 / 36 runway.

If that is true then you are flying a drone within CNX airspace.

If I am wrong my apologies.

15 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

near my home in Nam Phrae/Hangdong

Nam Phrae is far away from the airport and also not in the flight path. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Nam Phrae is far away from the airport and also not in the flight path. 

With the greatest respect not being on the flight path is not the point, but it looks as though it is flying in CNX airspace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fantom said:

With the greatest respect not being on the flight path is not the point, but it looks as though it is flying in CNX airspace.

1st I flew not high and 2nd take a look at the map where Nam Phrae is and where the airport is. 

3 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

1st I flew not high and 2nd take a look at the map where Nam Phrae is and where the airport is. 

Again not the point, the aviation chart for CNX would suggest that drone is within the airspace designated for CNX flight operations.

CNX is a military airport and it is not a good idea to fly a drone within the airspace.

Other than that I agree the size of those fires is appalling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fantom said:

Again not the point, the aviation chart for CNX would suggest that drone is within the airspace designated for CNX flight operations.

CNX is a military airport and it is not a good idea to fly a drone within the airspace.

Other than that I agree the size of those fires is appalling.

If it is a restricted air space marked in red on the map you can't even take off with real real UAV 

4 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Beside the fact that forest fires are forbidden, sure, they can do what they want. Following laws or not, poisoning their own citizens... Up to them. 

I guess you are not living in Thailand. Lol

"Forbidden" every year if you mean this funny "burning ban" 555

Yes I am here. But I am realistic that there is nothing I can do other than air purifiers, masks and leaving next week for 3 months.

It is "up to them" and we have nothing to say. Just plain truth.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Knife? What do you mean? 

I guess you are not an Australian movie fan.  Crocodile Dundee.  Famous line where someone pulls a normal knife on him and he replies with a giant one and says "you call that a knife....." 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Set for harvesting little round mushrooms later. 

You know it's for agricultural purposes so, why do you complain? Fire agricultural practices aren't exactly something new to global humanity.

Edited by UncleMhee
  • Sad 3

Multiply that by, at a guess about 100,000 (probably a lot more) and you've got the Australian fires. Guess that makes a bit of a mockery of the adjective huge in the headline. I worked out a week or so ago that the size of 76 Bangkoks have been burnt in Australia or about 20% of Thailand. 

????

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

Basic rule of human nature don't poo in your own nest. Thailand FAIL. Bye , bye Thailand. 

Poo in my own nest would be to set fires near my home - and then complain about the smoke.