Am I losing time on my internet package if I remain on line but with no activity?

scorecard

Just wondering, If I subscribe to a package of 50GB per month, should I only log-on when I ready to be active and log-off immediately I have finished my desired activity?

Or put ir another way, If I have say a 50GB package and I stay on line all day but with no activity at all, am I continuously defraying my 50GB allowance?

Thanks.

It depends if you have any software that is regularly checking things online. Common ones are email applications that might be set to check email every 10 minutes, or 30 minutes or whatever.

There are be many more obtrusive applications that use data. But I doubt you would really eat into your 50gB allowance just checking for updates and email.

If you are on Windows 10 you can see a graph of data usage by right clicking on the windows icon in the bottom left of screen > Task Manager > More Details* > Performance tab and then click on either Ethernet or Wifi to see if data is being used.

* More details or Fewer Details will be in the lower left of th window. Only click if it say more details.

Also, there is probably an application to install that can tell you but I am not aware of one specifically.

3 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

It depends if you have any software that is regularly checking things online. Common ones are email applications that might be set to check email every 10 minutes, or 30 minutes or whatever.

There are be many more obtrusive applications that use data. But I doubt you would really eat into your 50gB allowance just checking for updates and email.

If you are on Windows 10 you can see a graph of data usage by right clicking on the windows icon in the bottom left of screen > Task Manager > More Details* > Performance tab and then click on either Ethernet or Wifi to see if data is being used.

* More details or Fewer Details will be in the lower left of th window. Only click if it say more details.

Also, there is probably an application to install that can tell you but I am not aware of one specifically.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Thanks.

Unless you need full speed(above 10 Mbps), then simply subscribe to an unlimited data at 10 Mbps package for 200 baht per month....unless you described the Truemove H 60 GB (at full speed) per month package for 1200 baht per annum.

Edited by Eindhoven