Repo Car Auctions

Clipped

anyone looking for a repo car or to do business selling used cars...there is an auction company that has a lot full of repos every month...literally

i drive by this place pretty often and the number of cars/trucks is amazing...every month

coming from on nut, go under the motorway (outer ring) and its your first three way intersection ,lot is on the right....lookup manheim-asia.

i'll be waitng for a new nissan truck in default :o

It's an auction based on closed bids. I.E, write a number on a piece of paper and hope for the best.

I've sent people there before, not exactly bargains...

Not only closed bids , but tthey also have a minimum reserve.

As you said , not exactly bargains.

There was another auction, called Bankok Auction, operated a few years, closed last year in August, and more than 1000 customers never got theyr "blue books". 1. The problem with all this auctions, you never get the "blue book" on the day when you buy the vehicle, always one or two months later. So how can you sell the car? Money is locked up for long time and maybe somone work with your money first until they release the ownership book from the finances. 2. You can't testdrive the car, you buy a surprise. Sure engine you can check, but automatic transmission, suspension, etc, you can't check. 3. Mosthly you have to pay another 7% VAT Tax on the Top of the Price you bid, plus auction fees. If anything go wrong you can't complane. Different than in the US. In USA it's pretty safe, because you get "Green Light" and "Redlight cars", so you know raftly what you get. Same with the title, in USA you get it immidently, when you buy the car. So far as i can see: Market Cars, like Toyota and Honda, you not get cheaper on the auctions, unless if it's a real lemon.

There is a reputable auction place called Union Auction.   I have bought a number of vehicles from them over the past 10 years and have found that it always takes abotu 6-8 weeks to get the blue book but it does come.

They have 2 fixed locations in Rangsit Klong 11 and Town in Town in a huge place behind the Lao Embassy.   THey also have other auctions in provincial centers and normally sell repossed cars at these functions.

Look at www.union-auction.com as there is a number of pages of cars for sale on both Saturday and Sunday in Bangkok.

Badbanker

So the rumours I have seen here about several of these actions (or was it only police-repo) being "mafia" controlled (maybe not true "mafia" but with intimidation of newbies Etc.) is just fairy tales? Cheers!

those are mainly customs auctions with 'people' involved...they get goods on LC, dont pay the import tax or fail to show the proper paperwork on purpose ....then wait for auctioning of the goods for unpaid taxes....